Are you grounded for lack of parts?

• Thread starter Drone videography
  • Start date
D

Drone videography

Since it appears that 3DR will not honor the 30 day money back guarantee, it occurs to me that maybe my loss can benefit some of the others in the same spot I found myself in - unable to fly and no replacement parts available.

At the time of this post, I have everything that my Solo shipped with - except the #4 motor pod. I will sell every part individually (except the mother board) to anyone who actually needs the part(s) to get back into the air.

To ensure the parts go to those that need them - you would have to send me the defective/broken parts (except for props). I am not selling spares at this point.

Send an email to [email protected] with the part(s) you need and a reasonable offer. If needing motor pods, as I know several of you do, list the motor arm number (1-4).

I will not be selling first come, first serve, but will try to get as many Solos back in the air as possible. In other words I would rather sell 2 motors to 2 users and get both Solos back in the air, than to sell both motors to one user and only get on bird back up.

I know I can't make my investment back, but hey, maybe I can cut my loss and make a few people happy in the process. My negativity regarding the whole situation is wearing on me, I have to be better than 3DR.

Oh Well...
Good luck with the garage sale. You should be able to re-coup some of your money..

Since it appears that 3DR will not honor the 30 day money back guarantee, it occurs to me that maybe my loss can benefit some of the others in the same spot I found myself in - unable to fly and no replacement parts available.

At the time of this post, I have everything that my Solo shipped with - except the #4 motor pod. I will sell every part individually (except the mother board) to anyone who actually needs the part(s) to get back into the air.

To ensure the parts go to those that need them - you would have to send me the defective/broken parts (except for props). I am not selling spares at this point.

Send an email to [email protected] with the part(s) you need and a reasonable offer. If needing motor pods, as I know several of you do, list the motor arm number (1-4).

I will not be selling first come, first serve, but will try to get as many Solos back in the air as possible. In other words I would rather sell 2 motors to 2 users and get both Solos back in the air, than to sell both motors to one user and only get on bird back up.

I know I can't make my investment back, but hey, maybe I can cut my loss and make a few people happy in the process. My negativity regarding the whole situation is wearing on me, I have to be better than 3DR.

CALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know how many people have to tell you. Call them at 8am their time. You will get your refund. Worst comes to worse you can have you credit card company refund the charges. Please do one or the other, I know I will be glad when you do.

CALL THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know how many people have to tell you. Call them at 8am their time. You will get your refund. Worst comes to worse you can have you credit card company refund the charges. Please do one or the other, I know I will be glad when you do.
what part of "I have called multiple time and get disconnected after 20 min on hold" do you not understand?

The part where every thread you start talks about how many times you have emailed them. Have you called them at 8am???? I just called them 10 min ago to see if I could get through and I had someone answer in 5 min.

The part where every thread you start talks about how many times you have emailed them. Have you called them at 8am???? I just called them 10 min ago to see if I could get through and I had someone answer in 5 min.
If you read some of his posts, not sure he is really that interested in a refund.

If you read some of his posts, not sure he is really that interested in a refund.
I've gathered. I think he is more interested in coming on here and complaining then actually getting his issue solved. I wish 3DR would do us all a favor and take his drone back so that we don't half to listen to him anymore

Fine.

I will stay off the board.

Let the fan boys have their way while the rest of us get screwed over.

I don't think anyone is getting screwed over. I think some diligence should be exercised and advice heeded as there are people on this site that are genuinely interested in helping you get your issue resolved and are giving the best info possible based on their own experiences.

I remember when I got my first iPhone and the App Store wasn't even working. There are lemons in every batch of mass produced anything. Unfortunately those with the lemons are talking the loudest right now.

I appreciate this group more than any others because you don't have to sift through tons of BS to get a great answer to almost any problem you might be having with Solo. You can attest to that.

Reactions: Del
I don't think anyone is getting screwed over. I think some diligence should be exercised and advice heeded as there are people on this site that are genuinely interested in helping you get your issue resolved and are giving the best info possible based on their own experiences.

I remember when I got my first iPhone and the App Store wasn't even working. There are lemons in every batch of mass produced anything. Unfortunately those with the lemons are talking the loudest right now.

I appreciate this group more than any others because you don't have to sift through tons of BS to get a great answer to almost any problem you might be having with Solo. You can attest to that.
Well Said Dodge. There are plenty of people on here who had problems, better and worse than he had but still worked through them. Many on here have other makes as well and don't prefer the Solo to what they have for some applications, but enjoy it for what it is and what it does well and are willing to wait for the gimbal to really have it shine. If the Gimbal is not up to marketing and demo promises, there will be many returning as well.

Really???

been try to get my money back from Solo direct for over two weeks now. I have tried following the direction using the phone option and I get put on hold forever and then get a recording to send an email to the support address. I have sent two emails now asking for an RMA to get my money back and I have not received a response to my emails. This is starting to be a joke! I purchased this to fly and have flown it about 5 times till for some unknown reason it had a GPS glitch and crashed. They did send me new blades for it but sent the wrong ones so I haven't been able to fly for about a month. I want refunded!!!!

Really???

been try to get my money back from Solo direct for over two weeks now. I have tried following the direction using the phone option and I get put on hold forever and then get a recording to send an email to the support address. I have sent two emails now asking for an RMA to get my money back and I have not received a response to my emails. This is starting to be a joke! I purchased this to fly and have flown it about 5 times till for some unknown reason it had a GPS glitch and crashed. They did send me new blades for it but sent the wrong ones so I haven't been able to fly for about a month. I want refunded!!!!

Saying you "Want Refunded" in multiple posts is not going to help you. I and others have made a suggestion on how to handle it. Also try opening a case with your credit card company.

Also props are available @ BB for $15 (at least at the stores in my zip code).

Saying you "Want Refunded" in multiple posts is not going to help you. I and others have made a suggestion on how to handle it. Also try opening a case with your credit card company.

Also props are available @ BB for $15 (at least at the stores in my zip code).

Sorry if it affends you that I posted it twice. I will make sure that I will never make that mistake again.

Also why would I go to BB to get props that I was told would be replaced free of charge by 3dr?

Yes I am aware of being able to go through the CC company. I would really like to give 3dr the opportunity to follow through with there promise.

I post these things and statements so that other may know some of the difficulties I am having and offer possible solutions to those problems and challenges. If this is of no value then I will not post any more.

Sorry if it affends you that I posted it twice. I will make sure that I will never make that mistake again.

Also why would I go to BB to get props that I was told would be replaced free of charge by 3dr?

Yes I am aware of being able to go through the CC company. I would really like to give 3dr the opportunity to follow through with there promise.

I post these things and statements so that other may know some of the difficulties I am having and offer possible solutions to those problems and challenges. If this is of no value then I will not post any more.

I get it and I'm frustrated as well but if its been two weeks and no results you have to find another path. I'm not saying they don't owe you free props but buying props are not expensive so I would buy them and then when I get the free ones from 3DR then you have a extra set.

If you post your difficulties on this forum (and any other forum) it appears that you're looking for input and suggestions and thats what we are giving you.

Thank you! I think we are all trying for the same end and that is for The Solo to be successful and have another platform for our creativity.

Motor pods, landing gear, props, battery charger, battery....all available.

Also why would I go to BB to get props that I was told would be replaced free of charge by 3dr?.
Because you will need them eventually.

I feel your pain. You can continue on based on principle or fly. That said I sent mine back.lol

Parts? available? I did not realize that there were extra parts available already. I brought the first and only solo that was shipped to Fry's Electronics here in Indianapolis, Indiana on their first shipment. since then they have received about ten solo's, a few props, batteries, but nothing else. I have been waiting.

especially that gimbal.

Parts? available? I did not realize that there were extra parts available already. I brought the first and only solo that was shipped to Fry's Electronics here in Indianapolis, Indiana on their first shipment. since then they have received about ten solo's, a few props, batteries, but nothing else. I have been waiting.

especially that gimbal.
They are listed as in stock on the 3DR site. It states batteries are due in within 6 to 8 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela