What do you think about the ArduCopter 3.5 / Pixhawk Upgrade?

• Total voters
I got it. Installed it and all the Firmware through Solex. Compass and IMU Calibrated. I printed out the 17 pages of parameters to look over before I put it up in the air. Zero problems downloading everything.

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
It flew fine today. I love the new LED pattern when in Land Mode. Only flew for 9 minutes, leaving me a 50% storage charge in my battery, but seemed to work fine in Fly, Fly Manual, and Land. A big thanks to all who have made this happen.

Reactions: RDA
My green cube is somewhere in the postal system.Nobody knows where.

And I really need a new project to get stuck into.

EDIT: Arrived -fitted -flown.Didn't crash and burn.So changed my vote.

Now just looking for details and info on how to do stuff and fiddle with it.That is getting tricky as I do not,and shall not, do faceache.And as that's the platform chosen for support stuff I'm missing out.Hopefully now that info will spread into the Arducopter discourse and wiki.

Last edited:
Looking to purchase the new cube, but dont see it available anywhere? Any links to where i can purchase it now?

Thanks in advance.

Tb

Depends on where you are, stateside get on Jesters Drones preorder list. He is bringing them in as demand dictates
other wise order from proficnc, those come from china and can take a while to arrive. Mine got all the way to Ohio and took a detour to Mexico city before arriving

Depends on where you are, stateside get on Jesters Drones preorder list. He is bringing them in as demand dictates
other wise order from proficnc, those come from china and can take a while to arrive. Mine got all the way to Ohio and took a detour to Mexico city before arriving
Quite a detour

You can take down your RIP signs and gravestones. The solo is no longer stale and dead. The Solo is up and running on ArduCopter 3.5.0+ with a Pixhawk 2.1 Green Cube. The community effort to keep the Solo alive has succeeded.

1c333061741e2680ec1c1c87d6da4d8eb5065157.jpg

Photos by Andrew Emmett, Matt Lawrence, & Stephan Schindewolf

Read the blog post on ArduPilot.org that summarizes the project: The Solo Lives On

Please checkout the new official ArduPilot Solo wiki pages for all the details on this project and how to participate. It will most likely answer all your questions. Lots more to come on the Wiki too. It will become the place to read about all the quality mods and accessories for the Solo too.

Q: Does this void my warranty
A: Very much so.

Q: Does this give me boat mode
A: Yes

Q: Do I need to follow instructions carefully
A: Yes

Q: Can I put a GoPro 5 on my gimbal now?
A: Sure. Duct tape and chicken wire, should be fine.

Great job, thank so much!

i've just upgrade my stock solo to opensolo with success. i used ssh and winscp since i don't have solex.
i'll fly today, if ok i'll put the GC in it. Can i use ssh and winscp with GC or i must have solex definitely?

Great job, thank so much!

i've just upgrade my stock solo to opensolo with success. i used ssh and winscp since i don't have solex.
i'll fly today, if ok i'll put the GC in it. Can i use ssh and winscp with GC or i must have solex definitely?

When you get to step 9 of the green cube instruction, you will just do a factory reset of the copter instead. During the factory reset, it will detect the green cube and install the proper firmware with parameters baked in.

When you get to step 9 of the green cube instruction, you will just do a factory reset of the copter instead. During the factory reset, it will detect the green cube and install the proper firmware with parameters baked in.

Done! My Solo is GreenCubed now and it flights so well with beautiful LED flashing like an airplane. I wait for better weather to play more.

Thank you again ;)

solo_green_cube.jpg
controller.png openSoloStock.png openSoloGC.png

Reactions: dmulk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig