Approx 20 flights with no issues, then problems arise?

Reaction score
I have flown approx. 20 flights (running the battery pack to 25%) with no issues at all.

Then this weekend I went to fly a little bit (same place I always do near my house) and the first thing I noticed is that I had no camera feed when I hit the "fly" button on the app (solo app on Samsung note).

I had not removed the gopro since the last flight but I decided to remove the gopro and reinstall to see if that helped......it did not.

So then I decided to power off everything and power back up......still no feed.

Normally when I would hit the fly button on the app, a rotating circle would appear on the center of the screen and rotate a few times while the camera was initiating (or whatever its doing at that time)......but this time, the circle would appear, maybe rotate a little and quit, and show the camera button (non active) with no feed.

Another thing I noticed is that while powering up and down a few times (with some pause in between), it was taking a while for the app to connect to the aircraft and the controller would say "waiting on solo" (usually it would not take long at all). So after powering down and back up a few times, it eventually powered up and had camera feed and everything seamed normal.

So I took off and was flying within 75 feet of the controller (antennas pointed down and out a little like manual suggests)(had about 12 satelites) and I got a message on the controller of "lost signal" so I was thinking that it should go into the return to home mode any second but it didn't for a while......and I realized that I still had control of it as well.....it was reacting normally......I flew a little bit wondering whats going on and then a few seconds later, it did go into the return to home sequence and went to the programmed elevation and returned to home.

After the RTH, I flew again until the battery power was close to 25% and then brought it back and landed.

After I brought it back in, and powered off, I powered back up and sure enough, no camera feed.

I figure I will try again today and see what happens (possibly wifi interference?) and if it still does it, I will check connections and whatever else I can think of before trying to contact 3DR.

If anyone actually read all that and has any suggestions, I would appreciate it LOL!

Thanks

Welcome, Jeff. You want to make sure you have your model camera checked from the list of cameras in the app. You might also try removing the battery from your GoPro, and then reinstalling it, which is basically doing a reset on the GoPro. You can get wifi issues if there is a lot of wifi traffic in your flying area. You can download something like WiFi Analyzer to your device, and check the wifi traffic in your area before flying. I hope this helps, and you get it figured out. Good luck.

Reactions: Anthony Horrigan
I should have included that info......all flights have been with the same camera......it is a hero 4 silver with 3.0 firmware. I am hoping it was maybe just some wifi interference.......I will try again today and report back.

I know it is a simple thing, but make sure your camera is picked from the list. They have been known to change as if by magic. It is a good chance wifi interference was the culprit, but another thing to check is to make sure your hdmi from the gimbal is seated securely into the camera. Let's just hope it is something simple, and you get to fly worry free. Good luck.

I also have had this problem, when I powered off Solo, the GoPro is still on.
Remove the camera and removed the GoPro battery to reset the camera.

Be safe and happy landings.............

It may have just been wifi interference because the last two days I have powered everything up and everything linked together really quick with full camera function. Granted it has been raining so I couldn't fly......but I powered everything up and down a few times with good results. I am sure I will get a chance to fly over the weekend and I will find out for sure.

I may download a "wifi analyzer" app (as mentioned above, Thanks Chuck) just to see what things look like before each flight for knowledge base. If I have another problem.....maybe it will make sense with what I see from the wifi analyzer.

This has happened to me a few times. I usually double check the connection on the gimbal and GoPro, I've overlooked this many times..doh. If no feed, power everything off including camera & disconnect gimbal GoPro usb from Solo. Power solo back on once solo is ready to fly connect the gimbal usb into GoPro and then manually turn the GoPro on and see if you get a live feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela