Apple vs Android

Reaction score
I am at a crossroad. I'm an apple guy not much of an android person. But I have been reading that 3DR Solos appear to favor Androids. More so then Apple.
Example the Solex App... which I've heard and researched is a very good app. My question is, Is my perception wrong?
Can anyone shed some light on this?
I have (2) solos and a DJI P4P.
The DJI is very compatible with Apple.

Reactions: jbrunel
The official 3DR app is very good on iOS. Stable, more functions work on iOS than the android version.

Likely this app will not receive any further updates.

Tower and Solex, are only Android.

Solo is just hardware it does not care where the signals come from
So it is not a favor thing
IOS is where 3DR is heading with their commercial applications. That will have very little impact on the consumer solo owner.
If the IOS app suites your needs then stay with IOS.
If you plan to stick with solo a while, and you want to leverage the work that continues on solo outside of 3DR then eventually an android device is in your future.
I own both. I use the IOS app when It suites my needs.
But I own a Nexus tablet for when I need the power of solex or tower.
Solex is close to replacing tower to me, and soon I will be down to 3DR app on IOS and Solex on Android, with solex being my daily flying app.

with the current low cost of solo, its hard to beat it as a platform.
It is also still improving, but you have to be willing to tinker with it to enjoy the new work being done on it.
IOS users tend to like things to just work. Well at least until we get the official switch over to Master Arducopter and the PH 2.1 gets easy for the average person to install then be ready to work at it a bit.

Having said that, working at it has been quite enjoyable and working with the folks making this happen is fun at the very least

Reactions: Chun
Solo 3DR App vs Solex? What are the benefits for one vs another or pros and cons?

You can always buy a cheap Fire HD 8 like I did. There's a work around on "HowtoGeek.com" to get google play store on the Fire OS. (pretty simple) I downloaded the Solo app got the drone software updated but haven't flown it yet to test it. Just got the drone yesterday. This is my first drone.

You can always buy a cheap Fire HD 8 like I did. There's a work around on "HowtoGeek.com" to get google play store on the Fire OS. (pretty simple) I downloaded the Solo app got the drone software updated but haven't flown it yet to test it. Just got the drone yesterday. This is my first drone.

without solex compatibility.....

without solex compatibility.....
I'm not sure about compatibility for Solex. If Solex is downloaded through the google play store it should work but I'm really not sure. This is my first drone so I'm a total rookie. I'll have to do a little research today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421