Anyone tried painting the 3DR standard backpack interior? This GPC bright blue is making me jealous.

Reaction score
Anyone tried painting the 3DR standard backpack interior? This GPC bright blue is making me jealous.

I might try painting the top area if I can get it a solid bright color that looks nice and clean cut (using tape as a border). Maybe red even.

solo_backpack-019_main_topview_3.jpg

You might as an alternative get some colored EVA foam sheet, glue it to the existing foam carrier and trim the holes. Paint will likely peel and crack and look unattractive with use.

Thanks for the idea, that EVA foam looks great and is wide and long enough to fit in one continuous piece over the cutouts. I'm not finding anything of that size on Amazon. Just 12X12 sheets. Huh. Alibaba does have a lot of exclusive stuff I guess.

I would want to test for solvent aggressiveness with any paint. Plastidip has hexane, toluene and MEK all of which attack certain plastics. Otherwise, it works well especially coating metals and wood.

Google says: "No results found for +GCP solo backpack"

GPC makes more backpacks than GCP. ;-)

Yes thank you but despite my dyslexia I said to search for "GCP 3dr solo backpack" which google finds at least some relevant results for :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo