Anyone know what this is for??

Reaction score
After taking my solo apart again to troubleshoot the wifi cards (swapped R11E's to stock, then back) I noticed this ribbon cable had come off. Does anyone know what it's for? I suspect it's used for programming because it leads to the port under the solo, in which case maybe I can get by without? This is a solder job I don't want to tackle if I don't have to...

Attachments

• ribbon cable2.jpg
    ribbon cable2.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 110
I was being really careful when disassembling but still managed to tear pin 1 and possibly pin 2. <sigh> will have to patch/re-solder at a later date. Wish they had reinforced that side or put in a connector.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Bummer, but again you can re-solder and will be as good as new....Thanks for sharing this potential issue with us.

I can see all the complaints now when some new accessory comes out for the first time and all these people can't get it to work :p

I've been thinking on how to do it as those ribbon cables are a pain - I don't have any of the stripping tools nor do I even have a fine tipped solder gun. I may just solder 2 X 30-guage patch wires for those 2 BAT connections and call it a day. Not pretty, but functional.

Trust me those fine wire strippers don't work as advertised...at least for me. 30 gauge would solve the problems...good luck!

Reactions: Lamda
After taking my solo apart again to troubleshoot the wifi cards (swapped R11E's to stock, then back) I noticed this ribbon cable had come off. Does anyone know what it's for? I suspect it's used for programming because it leads to the port under the solo, in which case maybe I can get by without? This is a solder job I don't want to tackle if I don't have to...
Personally absolutely hate how easy it is to tear this cable ribbon from the motherboard it's almost impossible not to, they should have made it click on/off by option rather than needing to solder it, very inconvenient location by design if you ask me. -_____-

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44