Anybody got some spare screws they can donate?...lol

Reaction score
So yesterday I took out one of my new 3DR solos for a test flight, BB backpack bundle with preinstalled gimbal. No mods just wanted to see if everything was working out of the box, went through setup got it started and hit fly button at about 5' one of the motor pods popped out! Luckily it somehow stayed lodged in partially and was able to land it without any damage. I popped the led light cover to find all 4 screws missing. Thanks 3DR! Then checked the other 3, they were fine. I then popped battery tray and the one screw you remove to reroute the hdmi cable behind post was missing. That's all I've found missing so far. This could've ended up way worse had it happened in mid flight at full throttle up. Anyway, wondering if anybody has spare screws laying around for motorpods and the one screw on mainboard going into the post. Or if somebody can give me screw specs and will go to hobby store to get them. Don't feel like stealing parts from my other birds if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

contact 3dr....I am sure they will send you new ones....for replacing the ones that were not there to begin with. If it crash I am sure, they would be on the hook for a lot more

contact 3dr....I am sure they will send you new ones....for replacing the ones that were not there to begin with. If it crash I am sure, they would be on the hook for a lot more
True, not sure how good customer service is now or if there is any, didn't even think about that...lol Will give it a shot. Cabo PMed me saying he has plenty so gotta love this forum. Great peeps on here. Eventually we will be relying only on ourselves in this forum to keep these birds in the air. Bummer 3DR rolled out the wrong way.

Reactions: Maddog
I agree...3dr could have been a very successful USA based company.....sad as to what happened....

Reactions: Rex Barlow
So yesterday I took out one of my new 3DR solos for a test flight, BB backpack bundle with preinstalled gimbal. No mods just wanted to see if everything was working out of the box, went through setup got it started and hit fly button at about 5' one of the motor pods popped out! Luckily it somehow stayed lodged in partially and was able to land it without any damage. I popped the led light cover to find all 4 screws missing. Thanks 3DR! Then checked the other 3, they were fine. I then popped battery tray and the one screw you remove to reroute the hdmi cable behind post was missing. That's all I've found missing so far. This could've ended up way worse had it happened in mid flight at full throttle up. Anyway, wondering if anybody has spare screws laying around for motorpods and the one screw on mainboard going into the post. Or if somebody can give me screw specs and will go to hobby store to get them. Don't feel like stealing parts from my other birds if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.
The screws are M2-0.4. I believe they are all 8mm long.
Don't know where you are, but Home Depot carries them.
If you can't find them locally I can put some in an envelope and mail them to you- no charge.

Reactions: jpstudio02
Not that I know of- why would you need a "kit"?

For instance, you can buy a kit of screws for some DJI products, and they have a few of each size. I personally have never dropped a screw, but I have heard some others have.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dmyhill
For instance, you can buy a kit of screws for some DJI products, and they have a few of each size. I personally have never dropped a screw, but I have heard some others have.
Perhaps DJI is having a problem with loose screws?

Actually, when taking Solo apart for maintenance or upgrading , you can lose one of those tiny screws pretty easily.

I think there are only two kinds of screws on Solo: the M2-0.4 and the screws that hold the legs on. Both available at hardware stores.

I buy the M2 screws on Amazon in 100 packs to send some out with Brite Lite.

Reactions: dmyhill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea