Anybody able to convert the accessory breakout board files?

there was a thread on here, something about the future of solo
let me see if i can find it

I really want the board shape and breakout connector
I could redraw based on images in the following link.

solodevguide/book/images at master · 3drobotics/solodevguide · GitHub

accessory_breakout_board_pcb_below.jpg

I have some friends with AutoCAD and other Cad type software. If you could point me to the exact file(s) needing conversion, I could ask them. What would be the output file extension? I'm not familiar with EAGLE, so a link to that software could be helpful.

There is an Altium Viewer that is free. It will allow you to view and print the files posted up on GitHub, but you already knew that I assume...

Downloads | Altium.com

Further reading for Altium Designer, it appears they have it fairly locked up. The only shared points is with MCAD or Solidworks via plugin from Altium. It is a very interesting software for building PCB, even to the depth of being linked into your supplier's data for real time pricing.

eagle only supports ascii exports from altium and you can only do the sch and the pcb, no libraries. i have altium, so if you are fine with only the sch and pcb i can export it.

these should work in eagle. let me know if you have any issues.

Attachments

• Accessory_Breakout_X1-advanced sch ascii.SchDoc.zip
    31.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Accessory_Breakout_X1-pcb-ascii.PcbDoc.zip
    190.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: RichWest
@franknitty69 - The files don't want to import. Keeps telling me its the wrong file signature. Wouldn't even show the .pcbdoc and .schdoc in the file directory, at first these were just greyed out when browsing for the files. Then I changed both of these and removed the doc part of the file extension. They then showed as a selected file for import but when importing both files keep saying 'wrong file signature'.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

@franknitty69 I am using File>Import PCAD/Altium/Protel
Do you have Eagle could you try and import them? Maybe there is something wrong with the files.

I'm stuck and don't know enough about Altium and Eagle to work this one out. I appreciate your valuable time if you are able to do anything. Thanks.

Does anyone have Altium designer or anything else that they could convert the Accessory Breakout Board files to Eagle or some other freeware? I can't affort to pay $8k to make some simple mods to it, and I really want the board shape and breakout connector lol. Pixhawk_OS_Hardware/Accessory_Breakout_X1 at master · 3drobotics/Pixhawk_OS_Hardware · GitHub

Late to this party, but I do have Altium13, 14, 15 and Altium 16. However I see that Frank has already exported these and they don't seem to import into Eagle. Not too surprised by this as Altium's software is one of the more buggy pieces of excrement being shipped second only to Crystal Reports or Acronis Backup albeit a lot more expensive. To be fair they are chasing a moving, probably undocumented target trying to interface with other vendor's products and support for the competition would not be high on the product maintenance list, but then again neither does support for their own software appear to be high on the list.

Reactions: RichWest
When Eagle browses for the file they are grey out if they have doc at the end. When I remove the doc part they appear for import but when importing the files Eagle tells me they have the an error with the files header.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping to revive this in the hopes of getting these files. I am too new to trust myself getting all of the hole alignments and stuff correct the first time, but want to make some custom boards.

I hope there has been an update!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea