Any of you DIY folks

Reaction score
any recommendations on a good 30 amp ESC for 4s?
I need to ditch these castle creations escs, they are over my head

Hobbywing XRotors. I think they do 30 and 40 amp versions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was able to get the castles sorted out
but I aint admitting publicly what the problem was.
Lets just say its slightly in front of my keyboard

I was able to get the castles sorted out
but I aint admitting publicly what the problem was.
Lets just say its slightly in front of my keyboard

I hate those problems, Pyrt.

If you're still taking recommendations, I get warm fuzzies from the TBS Bulletproof ESCs. A little pricy, but can be found cheap second hand NIB, and Starnes Aviations has them for a good price if I recall. These run on my Y6 and will as well on my X8 when it get built.

They do make good stuff
I still may swap them out someday
they have fixed ranges and do not play well with the auto esc calibration. Fail every time.
But my plan this next go, was to do basic and advanced tuning and make sure my throttle is really dialed in.
That thing is going to be pretty heavy when it gets a payload so trying to get it were it dont feel like you are flying a boulder

I disagree a little bit on Castle making good stuff (for multirotors anyway). I built a hexa in 2014 and put the CC35A mutlis on them.

You cannot calibrate them as they expect fixed endpoints. Sometimes you have to make them work in the controller by changing the PWM range.

I know they make good ESCs for rovers and boats. I think their foray into multis needs some work, however. Let's just say even with the ESC setup properly, if you go to larger vehicles with low KV/high torque motors, don't expect them to work.

Not to say they don't work, I'm just saying they won't work with every setup.

I would agree with you except for the new firmware.
totally changes things
the calibration now not only works but works great
and best I can tell has boosted motor performance as I am getting hover at lower throttle now.

If you still have them try the new firmware

Check out this video it works on arducopter / ph2
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That may or may not be the case but paying a premium for the name is what I got suckered in to doing (at $120 US for 4 of them they should actually work). Spent $12 US apiece on the Xrotors and feel I got a better deal, even if Hobbywing doesn't make BEC ESCs. It wasn't the calibration (or lack of calibrating) I had a problem with. It was the crashing because of the ESCs I did though. I won't be ever using them again.

yeah I heard they had a lot of problems early on, but so far everything seems to have been addressed in the new firmware

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea