antenna combos

Reaction score
what's the deal... stock with on alfa or dual alfa? point up with alfa or point down? words towards drone i'm guessing.

i've read a lot and watched a lot of youtube and don't have a consensus. from my testing it looks like a pair pointing up and logo towards.

thanks,
sid

You need to use identical antennas on the controller for WiFi N MiMo to work properly and get you the optimum bandwidth. There is no scenario where using one of each is logically beneficial. Anecdotally it seems to make sense. But the reality of antenna performance and MiMo is you're just compromising the performance of everything.

If you need long range, use two alfa antennas. The alfa text side needs to be pointing at the solo within +/- 15 degrees. If you are going to be doing a lot of maneuvering close by, or will be doing a lot of directly overheard work, use two stock antennas. They radiate fairly evenly in all directions.

In both cases, angled 45 degrees down and out is generally the way to go. Here is a picture I just took of my two controllers. One with Alfa antennas, the other with stock antennas.
pDyPuM6.jpg

Reactions: J.Carlos.D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig