another competitor

Wow - all that for only $299... amazing.
I'm fairly certain it's missing a 1 or possible a 2 for a forth digit in your price of $299.... They have pre-order the PowerEgg at $ 1288

If $299, maintaining a drone will no longer be required...defect or crash, go buy a new one.... and if so, I'm in for three....;)

Reactions: cheebs
It looks interesting. And I saw pictures of it from interdrone
too many questions still
cost
does it deliver on promises
It is one I will watch

There is also some video on yt from recent drone show.
It looks ok, but I will wait some time before I will buy it.
Don't want to be guinea pig :)

A lot information is still missing from their website, let's wait for what the future will come to us.

I'm fairly certain it's missing a 1 or possible a 2 for a forth digit in your price of $299.... They have pre-order the PowerEgg at $ 1288

If $299, maintaining a drone will no longer be required...defect or crash, go buy a new one.... and if so, I'm in for three....;)
I'd venture to guess it's a "9" missing from the end of that $299... Inspire 1 Pro is ~$3200 right now, and the functions and camera of this craft are (at least on paper) very similar to the I1 Pro.

nice features
but i got burned too hard by 3DR
not going with smaller companies again for multirotors...if there's the chance they'll fold in a few years then no thank you...even if it's USA based with supposedly stellar customer service.
Unless Yuunec goes big it looks like the choice is DJI or DIY route going forward.

Reactions: Crisp Rice
So for the sake of discussion if it has the capabilities stated, and it all works
What would you pay for it?
I would say at 2017 pricess 2-3k

So for the sake of discussion if it has the capabilities stated, and it all works
What would you pay for it?
I would say at 2017 pricess 2-3k
Considering any attempt at DIYing a similar setup would probably easily exceed the high part of your estimate, I'd say if they wanted to be competitive with the I1Pro (which it seems squarely aimed at) they'd have to price it just under $3k with lens, and that's what I'd be theoretically willing to shell out.

Been looking at this here at Interdrone and and it is definitely worth watching. They are pretty tight lipped about it but expect it out in a few weeks. They are also adimit that they can get 30min flight times with camera, which is micro 4/3 with interchangeable lenses. Gimbal has a weight adjustment at the rear to accommodate different lenses. Looking forward to more info and pricing, but I person it looks very nice.

Regarding the company stability, they are a large company with over 50 staff engineers. They are a player in the larger drone and robotics market.

Been looking at this here at Interdrone and and it is definitely worth watching.
Curious what flight system they are using? Couldn't find anything on their website.

All the sudden, this seems to be a relevant question...

Seems they have a lot of ideas, but it's mainly conceptual hardware. Didn't see any software mentioned.

the most important what kind of flight controller they using.

The FC is their own, not surprising though given their background. No hint yet on pricing or software, though they did say it would be full featured with smart shots and way points. I'll try to get more information tomorrow.

Yeah that price point aint going to happen.
And if it does, DJI will get a dose of its own medicine

Took another look this morning and talked to the CEO. While he not specify the exact price, think Inspire. Which makes sense since that is the closest competitor. So I would estimate an msrp of about $1999.

He also stated that the 30min flight time is landing at 20% battery remaining and that it can actually fly a little longer. But they can not advertise any longer due to China export restrictions. I looked at the battery setup and it is pretty clever. It uses 2 batteries and EACH one is 3s 9000mah! So you are taking off with full batteries and 18000mah. Hence, the flight time. It's clever because the 2 batteries snap together before you insert them In the rear. By splitting them, they are under the faa restrictions for airline travel. Look for shipping in about 6weeks around the end of October. Pricing to be firmed up in a couple of weeks. They have also designed gorgeous carrying case with room for everything and 6 batteries.

They will also be releasing a camera that is both rgb and infrared that can be switched between the 2 modes in flight. Sense and avoid is also included, with the pilot being able to set it so that it only advises the distance to an object, from 1to 10 meters, which would be very handy for close filming and inspections.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea