Android tablet for Solex

Reaction score
I found this on Best Buy. Will this be compatible to use Solex? Would you guys recommend it? I would only use it for the Solo so I don't need anything fancy or $100+. Do I even need Solex?I have the iPhone 7+. I'm obviously a newbie.

DigiLand - 7" - Tablet - 16GB

There have been mixed opinions on it. It is a lower end brand, and some on here say they have used it ok. I think most of us agree it would be better to spring for a higher end tablet. It will be better for you in the long run. Myself and many others use the Nexus 7 (2013) with great results, and you can find some good deals on them new as well as used. Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum.

There have been mixed opinions on it. It is a lower end brand, and some on here say they have used it ok. I think most of us agree it would be better to spring for a higher end tablet. It will be better for you in the long run. Myself and many others use the Nexus 7 (2013) with great results, and you can find some good deals on them new as well as used. Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum.

Thank you Chuck. That's what I needed. I'll check that one out.

Question regarding previous discussions on type of tablet to use for Solex app flight. I downloaded the most recent version 1.5.3 of Solex app and now need to aquire a tablet for use, from what i have read thru the forum it sounds like an android based tablet is required with most liked, the 5.0 lollipop processor. However do i aquire the well documented Nexus 7 2nd gen with the 4.4 Kitkat then upgrade it to the 5.0 lollipop or is it possible to use the Nexus 10 or any 5.0 processor tablet which comes with the 5.0 ? Thank you for any insight...

I have several Nexus 7 2013's purchased on EBay, really cheap. If you find one with a cracked screen, otherwise good (I have 2 like that), you can get screen/digitizer replacements on EBay also, and it's a pretty easy, kinda' fun repair (ok, I am a techie, so fun for me), and come out <$50 if you are a smart shopper.
And they work really well with Solex. At least for now. They are rev-locked at Android 6...

I have several Nexus 7 2013's purchased on EBay, really cheap. If you find one with a cracked screen, otherwise good (I have 2 like that), you can get screen/digitizer replacements on EBay also, and it's a pretty easy, kinda' fun repair (ok, I am a techie, so fun for me), and come out <$50 if you are a smart shopper.
And they work really well with Solex. At least for now. They are rev-locked at Android 6...

I grabbed one on eBay but now the touch screen won't work. It happened around the same time that I did a software update, so now I'm stuck with the screen not working in about 90% of its surface area. Any ideas?

I've tried that hitting it on the left side solution that you'll find with a google search. Seems to work for many people but not mine.

If the screen worked, and stopped after the update, then I would try a hard reset. You will lose data, but not the update. You can always backrev it to try that too, and although directions on doing that are easy to find (you do that via a pc), it's a little detailed.
One of the Nexus 2013 I got on EBay had a similar problem. It literally looked brand new (screen too), but it would intermittently work (90% not) for touchscreen. I tried all sorts of backreving, rebooting, resetting, but finally bought another one and swapped parts, and it wound up being the digitizer board (it's the board that has the micro USB power connector on). Worked great after swapping that board. Yours could be software, touch screen/digitizer (that is the entire glass screen/frame), or digitizer board (same as mine).
Tough to know for sure without buying another (cracked screen ones on EBay are cheap) and doing what I did. But try all the software resetting and r booting first, since it's free!
BTW TONS of YouTube videos on all his stuff...

Reactions: Ricard
Best Buy has Amazon fire 7" and Amazon fire HD 8" on sale today for $40 and $60. Can the Solo app or solex be installed and work on these tablets?

Best Buy has Amazon fire 7" and Amazon fire HD 8" on sale today for $40 and $60. Can the Solo app or solex be installed and work on these tablets?

I ran Solex on a Kindle 8" HD to test it out but never flew the copter. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Only challenge is getting the Google Play Store on Kindle, but there are plenty of Google hits on how to make this work.

Good morning everyone, just a heads up, I purchased a "SmartTab" 10 " two in one tablet at Wal-Mart for $98.00 over the weekend and tried it out for the Solo, it worked great and the battery lasted 4 hours using both the Solo app and solex, no problems...

Anyone use the Nexus 7 (2012)? I've got one doing nothing I wanted to use for the Solo but it won't stay connected to Solo's wifi. It does everything else just fine, is there a trick I'm missing?

Hi guys, new here. Jumping out of the Dji phantom trap and getting into Solo. It's in the mail, should have it soon!
I've been looking at Solex since 3DR will not be putting out solo app updates. I'm an IOS user so looking at android tablets that will work with Solex. I didn't see a minimum hardware spec on Solex website so just kinda comparing tablets to Nexus 7.
My question is does a tablet really need 2 gigs of ram to run Solex? Or is the 2gigs more geared towards running lollipop. I see a user here mentioned he has run Solex successfully with a galaxy tab A which is a 1.5gig tablet. It's seems the Nexus 7 although handles the Solex app wonderfully might be a little bit overkill. For someone on a budget it would be good to know the minimum viable hardware options. Thanks!

Anyone use the Nexus 7 (2012)? I've got one doing nothing I wanted to use for the Solo but it won't stay connected to Solo's wifi. It does everything else just fine, is there a trick I'm missing?
It is the same for me I have an old v1 Nexus 7 here and I really had trouble keeping it connected to Solo. In the end I gave in and bought another tablet but I would love to use the V1 Nexus 7 as it has a better screen so a fix would be welcomed.

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc