Am I the only one that runs into android issues?

Reaction score
There was a new update today for the Solo app for android. Coincidentally, I just picked up a Gimbal today at Best Buy. I can't tell if what I'm seeing is software or gimbal related. One, Solo seems to disconnect from the app alot. Just testing it on a table right now as I just installed the gimbal and I have no clue if the gimbal is good or if the software is bad. No one else posting anything so I wanted to check.. Waiting to hear from solo, waiting to hear from solo. Never had any issue til today. Anyone else in the same boat? Could be me testing indoors causing an issue since there's plenty of stray wifi signals to go around but I've done testing inside before and it wasn't like this. GoPro video is corrupted and extremely laggy.

Hmm what time did you recieve your update I flew with no issue from about 7 to 8 o'clock this evening. Also just got my gimbal Friday night and flew 1 pack in the dark then flew 1 at sunrise and 2 at sunset 7-8 all went great. If it wasn't raining most all afternoon I'd of proly flown more, I'm really impressed myself. Good luck and I hope it's not a larger issue and just an oversight or update that's needed but I'm not seeing it just yet.

I use a Tab S for my Solo and other than my video rolling when I hit the record button, I don't have many video related issues other than the live feed sucks.

Reactions: Projeffrey11
There was a new update today for the Solo app for android. Coincidentally, I just picked up a Gimbal today at Best Buy. I can't tell if what I'm seeing is software or gimbal related. One, Solo seems to disconnect from the app alot. Just testing it on a table right now as I just installed the gimbal and I have no clue if the gimbal is good or if the software is bad. No one else posting anything so I wanted to check.. Waiting to hear from solo, waiting to hear from solo. Never had any issue til today. Anyone else in the same boat? Could be me testing indoors causing an issue since there's plenty of stray wifi signals to go around but I've done testing inside before and it wasn't like this. GoPro video is corrupted and extremely laggy.

Yes, I have disconnects all the time. My controller RSSI is below 60 and I'll get a disconnect from the Solo in flight (embarrassing when I have warn the flight line at the field that I've lost control and even when it lands in front of me it still hasn't reconnected) and depending on which android device I use to connect to the controller, I've had issues keeping those connected. I have one android tablet that cannot update the Solo successfully. You aren't alone!

Reactions: nuggetz
Well I'm just referring to the last 24 -48 hours. Anyone else?

Yes, I have disconnects all the time. My controller RSSI is below 60 and I'll get a disconnect from the Solo in flight (embarrassing when I have warn the flight line at the field that I've lost control and even when it lands in front of me it still hasn't reconnected) and depending on which android device I use to connect to the controller, I've had issues keeping those connected. I have one android tablet that cannot update the Solo successfully. You aren't alone!

3dr needs to address QC now cause there are solos that are flying perfectly and obviously those plagued with issues.

I've not lost connection once or had a single app crash, flying every day nearly since June 16th. With fpvlr my rssi stays in at least the 50s or 60s out over 1000 feet regaurdless of wifi or tree cover.

As dodge said my feed does get choppy even at 500 feet sometimes but I haven't lost it or had a RTL flying as far as my eyes can see the dot. Gps could be stronger but once locked in under a minute it stays that way both before and since using frog tape to do the cardboard gps mod. I've actually backed off takeoff and landing in manual like I had been since having a gps glitch result in a hard landing, I've not seen a problem with this or anything really in the couple months since.

Hope they get you guys together though seems something is going on with a decent number of solos still. Really hope they get it together soon cause now that everything's here and functioning as it should this thing is amazing. I've complained a good deal latley over the gimbal and was real close to a return, now that I have it complete I'm glad I suffered through all the mess and am already forgetting how bad it's been after seeing it in action. Hope everybody can say the same soon good luck and fly safe folks.

My solo is pretty much prefect. Latest software update crippled it though. Went to look for the beta version of the solo app and it fixed the problems I described in my first post. Now I have to figure out why my gimbal is leaning to one side and I was super careful with the wiring and secured the excess to the sides of the solo with some small glue dots.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My solo is pretty much prefect. Latest software update crippled it though. Went to look for the beta version of the solo app and it fixed the problems I described in my first post. Now I have to figure out why my gimbal is leaning to one side and I was super careful with the wiring and secured the excess to the sides of the solo with some small glue dots.

Just came in from flying with my s6 and it did great, the wind is whipping around and it did affect flight some but the gimbal did a good job compensating for it.

Sorry to hear of your issues hope ya figure it out soon, good luck man. If all else fails maybe try checking through or posting your logs here on the forum. It's solved many problems I've seen so far.

Have you solo facing north when you power up don't know why but apparently 3dr knows about this issue.
I've had about 20 flights with my gimbal only issue I had was as you described when I tried to arm facing west.

I use a Tab S for my Solo and other than my video rolling when I hit the record button, I don't have many video related issues other than the live feed sucks.
The live feed really does suck hard I thought it was only mine, my buddy with a new P3P has incredible live feed.

My flying partner has an Inspire, talking about being envious. That beautiful Inspire video feed, range, and rock solid connection is nice however I can't get past the horrible support DJI has given me in the past (3DR is in this horrible support category as well).

Reactions: Projeffrey11
My flying partner has an Inspire, talking about being envious. That beautiful Inspire video feed, range, and rock solid connection is nice however I can't get past the horrible support DJI has given me in the past (3DR is in this horrible support category as well).

Never had a in issue with my Inspire. Can't say the same for ANY Solo user.

Never had a in issue with my Inspire. Can't say the same for ANY Solo user.
Actually, there are several of us on this forum that have not had an issue since day 1.

How's that working out for you?
Not sure what you are asking Dodge. Your statement "Never had a in issue with my Inspire. Can't say the same for ANY Solo user" inferred that unlike your Inspire, there were not any Solo users who never had an issue. I and many others have not and I fly it regularly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle