Altitude - actual height above ground?

Reaction score
I'm new to the Solo (1 week ownership and 2 hours of flight time) and have a really basic question.

Is the altitude based on the actual above ground level of the aircraft? Or is it relative to the home location?

I'm flying in some pretty mountainous areas which some steep changes in ground level. If the altitude is fixed to the home point there is a risk the Solo will run in to the ground rather than maintain altitude as it goes uphill.

Altitude is based on height above the home/launch point. You will need to be aware of altitude changes, hopefully by seeing them in the display as you fly.

From arming point when you take off. Yes you can fly it into a mountain, side of a barn... So you also need to be sure your RTL hight will clear anything you may fly around incase you lose contact and it comes straight back....

On a similar note, does Solo have any trouble flying below the take off point, ie at negative altitude.?

I am concerned about the altitude often times i show 30 feet 3 feet about the return to home spot ?

Duc, can you clarify? I'm not sure I understand what you mean...

When I launch my 3dr from my grass it flies up and i have used some things to gauge the altimeter but it seems ok in flight.. after a little flight about the neighborhood when i return to home I usually take over in the last few feet to just play with it at eye level. I often notice it says that it is 20-40 feet up when it is no more than 6-8 feet up.

Hmmm. To be honest, I have never looked at my altitude when it's that close to the ground, mainly because I will be in manual mode and won't take my eyes off of the aircraft. I just don't know if this is common. Anyone else?

yea i have only played in drift and fly mode so far but i will get there one day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000