Alternate FPV systems?

Reaction score
As I don't own a Go-Pro yet, what other FPV systems will work on the 3DR, just want a basic FPV to fly with now and look to expand later, what would be a reasonable wi-fi camera and monitor to look at? Also distance would be in neighborhood of 300 to 500 meters.

Most action cams with HDMI output will "work" but the mounting is ugly. Smart phone mostly works as a screen.

I used a Firefly 7s which was pretty cheap but I've got a GoPro on the way now.

Reactions: Bufford
I have a Firefly 6 which works, although with a relatively short battery life.
Remember, you can't run WiFi on any camera, since it will interfere with the Solo Link.

Reactions: Bufford
I'm also looking for a camera system for my Solo and would like it to work in conjunction with Solex. I want it to be permanently attached to the solo (no gimbal ) with a mini HDMI output of course. The Run cam looks good and small for instance.

The reason I want to do this is because I've ran through 3 GoPro's because of the mini HDMI outs failing or breaking and its getting too expensive in that aspect. I have also owned several cheap $20 action cameras which work great but not the same functionality as with the GoPro's and mini HDMI outs also fail on them.
Any suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

RunCam does not have digital out, just analog.

I used my RunCam2 with analog video equipment for FPV flying of my Solo.

Wow that is amazing first off your Solo is absolutely badass !!! Excuse my language but very nice.

So on your your winged craft I see the video feed on your phone working is exactly why I want. What sonI need to run an analog RunCam off my solo and will I get the range? I assume less resolution though.

Thanks. And may I ask what frame you used for your FrankenSolo? I have a crashed unit and would like to make something similar. As well does your landing gear retract?

I see the video feed on your phone working
That is not the video feed that is The Solex app, The RunCam 2 is Analog you need a transmitter (the big Antenna on the right wing) and a receiver and monitor to see the image...

The Franken-solo frame is a Tarot 650 Sport..and yes the landing gear did retract using the pause button, I no longer have this setup as I transferred the guts into that wing pictured.. But have still yet to maiden as Florida weather is sucking right now...Stay tuned
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986