A thought about the name "Karma".

Reaction score
I'm a new member here. In fact I just found the site a few weeks ago.

I'm sure someone has to have posted this somewhere, but a quick search didn't return anything.

Does anyone find GoPro choice of Karma for the name of their drone as a jab at 3dr?

In my past industry it was somewhat common for companies to name products things to annoy their competitors.
There were products named things like FST for "F$#K ShockTech" and others I can't remember.

It just makes me wonder if GoPro is putting out their copter, calling it "Karma" as a message to 3DR?

Sorry if this is out of place, but its made me wonder a bit.

If I am not mistaken it was supposed to be a jab at DJI for producing their own cameras.

After the Phantom 2, DJI switched to their own cameras and GoPro CEO was supposedly quoted as saying 'Karma will bite you in the ass for this..'

EA Hendrix.. I can't remember where I read that!? Did you read the same article?

Well, dont play with Karma because...it will bite you in the ***...Karma recall....ouch

After the Phantom 2, DJI switched to their own cameras and GoPro CEO was supposedly quoted as saying 'Karma will bite you in the ass for this..'

EA Hendrix.. I can't remember where I read that!? Did you read the same article?
DJI didn't just 'give them up', they were forced to stop using the gopro after their partnership fell apart. The Phantom 2 non-vision used the Zenmuse gimbal to hold a GoPro and even used to rear connector. After the falling out, they had to stop using the rear proprietary connector and they instead used the USB connection on the Zenmuse 3 gimbal. GoPro responded by releasing a firmware update blocking video from the USB port making it almost impossible to use. Anyone who updated their camera had to figure out how to revert back. After that DJI went to using their own camera on all Phantoms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc