A Quick Word About Refurbished Solos

Reaction score
Well, I received my replacement/refurb unit from 3DR today and I have to say I'm impressed. If I didn't know any better I'd swear it was a brand new unit. All of the plastic tabs and covers were in place. All of the foam inserts were there. They even threw in two sets of extended feet. The accessory boxes were sealed. If all of the refurbs on the market are 3DR units and they are selling sub $200, you can't go wrong! However, I'd think twice about the Best Buy geek squad units. It looks like they're all returns/used based on the reviews.

Last edited:
How long did you have to wait? I sent mine in a little while ago and haven't received any contact from them since my initial conversation.

How long did you have to wait? I sent mine in a little while ago and haven't received any contact from them since my initial conversation.

Once they got it, it was about 2 weeks before I received this one.

Well, I received my replacement/refurb unit from 3DR today and I have to say I'm impressed. If I didn't know any better I'd swear it was a brand new unit. All of the plastic tabs and covers were in place. All of the foam inserts were there. They even threw in two sets of extended feet. The accessory boxes were sealed. If all of the refurbs on the market are 3DR units and they are selling sub $200, you can't go wrong! However, I'd think twice about the Best Buy geek squad units. It looks like they're all returns/used based on the reviews.

I rolled the dice on a BB refurbished SOLO and am very pleased with what I got. All protective plastic film were in place, didn't look like it had been in the air. The boxes had been opened but nothing looked out of place. Have flown her twice with no problem. It did have version A GPS but I installed the B version I had laying around. All good so far.

I rolled the dice on a BB refurbished SOLO and am very pleased with what I got. All protective plastic film were in place, didn't look like it had been in the air. The boxes had been opened but nothing looked out of place. Have flown her twice with no problem. It did have version A GPS but I installed the B version I had laying around. All good so far.

Sweet! That's good. I was only going by the reviews. Which, were probably true since you also seemed to get a "used" one, just lightly used. For the price and the fact that Best Buy will have your back, it's probably worth a try.

Someone posted an EBay deal for $207 in which you get an 3DR refurbished Solo. I have seen a similar deal for $180 but I don't know if that included shipping. I already have two compete systems with cameras, gimbal, bags, two spare batteries each, two sets of blades each, etc. Not to mention a third spare gimbal, another two sets of blades, spare controller batteries and other misc parts. I don't think I need another one! Hahaha! I'll look again though and get back to you.

Look at us. We're packing and stacking up on the solos. I bet you guys no one here on the forum has just one solo. 2 units probably is the norm. Anyway for eBay purchases rest assured that you are covered by eBay buyer protection plan so no worries getting a refurb unit if something happens. Same thing with Amazon. Don't know about BB as I found them to be so strict with returns.

Do the refurbished ones include the 3 axis Gimbal?

Got my refurbished SOLO at Best Buy. Very happy with it - not a mark on it!
Need a second backpack to complete the package.

I ended up getting a Lowenpro bag for my second set up because I had a gift card for a photo shop. Not bad but I still wish I had gotten another Solo backpack when they were $40.

Here is the item number from ebay... this is the same seller I got mine from.... he's legit guys! Arrived here in MS from California in 4 days.

EBAY ITEM # 132135108385 includes gimbal and 8 props

Here is the item number from ebay... this is the same seller I got mine from.... he's legit guys! Arrived here in MS from California in 4 days.

EBAY ITEM # 132135108385 includes gimbal and 8 props

And to quiet some people on the other thread. These are 3DR refurbs correct? As in they come in a box from 3DR that says "factory refurbished".

Yessir..... came in a Factory 3DR Box labeled "factory refurbished" with All plastic and foam inserts in place, factory plastic over controller and battery, and the 2 insert boxes that contain props, chargers, and documentation were SEALED..... if anyone decides to grab one.....tell him Brad P (Superman4p on Ebay) sent ya!

Lon:
Same experience. I bought mine new from B&H, out of the box the sololink did not work. RMA to 3dr, received a refurbished unit and everything worked well, boxes sealed, unit looked brand new etc.

Yessir..... came in a Factory 3DR Box labeled "factory refurbished" with All plastic and foam inserts in place, factory plastic over controller and battery, and the 2 insert boxes that contain props, chargers, and documentation were SEALED..... if anyone decides to grab one.....tell him Brad P (Superman4p on Ebay) sent ya!

That's what I'm talking about. It's the difference between the Best Buy deal and this deal.

Lon:
Same experience. I bought mine new from B&H, out of the box the sololink did not work. RMA to 3dr, received a refurbished unit and everything worked well, boxes sealed, unit looked brand new etc.

Exactly what I've been trying to tell people in the Best Buy Geek Squad certified thread. They think it's the same deal, I disagree. There are reviews of people getting obviously used drones on Best Buy's website. Open boxes, scratches, dirt, damage, etc. If they put these 3DR refurbs in a regular box, you would have no idea they weren't new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela