a data plan for your drone

So you could stream the 720P signal from the GoPro while you are flying? And if you had a portable device that could connect to the internet you could watch the feed, instead of connecting to the controller via HDMI cable?

Looks more like the service is meant to align with autonomous delivery services (Amazon, etc.)

Lotsa talk about what it could mean, but bottom line, seems to be more for connecting to networks. You couldn't stream a lot of video for those costs.
Oh, I see. I was wondering about the video cost.

there is currently a lot of work goin gon to fly drones with fpv over cellular networks.
That means you could fly one to anywhere there is cell coverage. technically you could fly a drone from arount the world

there is currently a lot of work goin gon to fly drones with fpv over cellular networks.
That means you could fly one to anywhere there is cell coverage. technically you could fly a drone from arount the world
...and that's something Amazon would covet - worldwide network control - though I can't see continuous video streaming as it's just too data intensive and that translates into $$$.

It's all about enterprise application, this has nothing to do with consumer application. We may see some benefits in the consumer space, but will continue to be limited to VLOS. The cellular infrastructure is much more robust and redundant for this application than any other comm technology, for the cost. I'm excited to see this integrate further into the drone tech.

Based on all the patents Amazon and others are applying for, this makes perfect sense. And, we are talking text size messages.
1. Land on top of street light: battery now 100% - send status via cellular
2. Delivery status: yes, no, flew into a lake - send via cellular
3. Hitching a ride with an 18 wheeler: get close to drop point - send status via cellular
4. Internal temperature of Burrito has dropped below 90º - send status via cellular
5. Your 5th floor apartment's landing pad has snow on it: Unable to deliver - send status via cellular

Adding a cellular module would be fairly trivial and inexpensive (<$24.00). Data plans for embedded cellular start at $50... per year!

vr7li.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela