4K UD players

Reaction score
I have been struggling with playing 4K from the GoPro for some timelapse shots as well as the 4K coming from my DJI P3.

I don't have 4K monitors on my PC but I do have a fairly top of the line i7 with 16 gig of RAM, SSD drives and fair video card.

At first I thought the frame rating I was seeing was in the original footage but it goes away in post after exporting to 1080. So its a PC playback thing.

My windows media player wont play 4K but probably would if I chased down the right codec for it. I have always used VLC player for stuff and it frames as well even with the 4K version I downloaded from Github. Wondershare is a program that I read was supposed to be good and it was worse than VLC.

Anyway I found a free program called 5K player that streams 4k pretty nice. It has some auxiliary features as well like airplay and Youtube downloader but my main interest is just good playback.

If you are having issues with your video jumping/framerating you might give it a shot.

http://www.5kplayer.com/

Everything I upload is going to be 1080 but is nice to look at it before post without it jumping from one frame to another !

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc