3DR will not replace GoPros any more, its official

Reaction score
Delete this thread if its been discussed before...

I recently damaged my GoPro Hero 3+ camera after some Solo crashes; the HDMI port would rip itself off the PCB board. This is happened to me twice now even after replacing the motherboard.

Contacted 3DR but they can no longer replace GoPros, the Hero 3 or Hero 4. This is due to the fact GoPro no longer supply/manufacture the GoPro 3 or 4 anymore, in favor of the HERO 5

What am i to do? Don;t want t buy another camera, forking out another few 100 bucks...

NEW Information:
Just got this from Vu Tran via FB:

So it's official, take care of your GoPros folks, they will NOT replace them!

Hi David, I'm very sorry that we're in this predicament. Unfortunately, there are several factors that have eliminated our ability to replace GoPros. Using 3rd party cameras, we knew that this day would come eventually, but I did not expect it to come this quickly. The issue is that we can no longer purchase any directly from GoPro. There is no more supply in their distribution channel world wide. While you're correct that there are other single units or small batches here and there, we cannot go that route

The warranty on Solo specifically stated that we only cover 3DR items. I will be issuing a formal statement regarding GoPro replacement in the next few days. Again, I am very sorry that things have turned out this way and all the trouble we have caused you.

Last edited:
Thanks, very helpful...

The only other choice is buy second hand. Watch online sales. I bought my H4B at a pawn shop like new condx.
I didn't know you could buy internal parts for a GP.

Amazon still sell Hero4 black at 339$ and 50$ shopping voucher thrown in

Reactions: FinniKris
Thanks, but they wont ship to Australia.. Something i come across constantly when trying to purchase technology from the US
Wow, that really sucks. I know it takes awhile to arrive. I've sold stuff years ago on EBay and sent to Austrailia.

Ever tried buying from a different vendor on EBay? Reason why I ask is because they have deals on shipping as a seller. Usually a few different choices like USPS, UPS

Ever tried buying from a different vendor on EBay? Reason why I ask is because they have deals on shipping as a seller. Usually a few different choices like USPS, UPS

Yep, tried that too, But those who are willing to send to oz hike the prices up to around $500USD

Hmmm. 500 AUD = 374 USD. That's less than I thought.

still, you dont want to be going around breaking them. its an expensive hobby! Digital Camera warehouse are a decent enough mob on the south side of town.

however, it does seem a tad negligent of 3DR to just walk away from stated warranties, and it could be partly the reason why they are not able to sell Solos or controllers here in australia anymore, at least until further info is available next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40