3DR update iOS app....Stop Press....

I think they had it up on their Facebook page a few days ago. I'm surprised they even look at the app anymore.

I think they had it up on their Facebook page a few days ago. I'm surprised they even look at the app anymore.

On my first message to them I pointed out that without the solo app, it was currently impossible for anyone to complete a factory reset or calibrations without using MP etc.
I did also say without these functions, to the average user who didn't want to go the MP route, that solo could ultimately be rendered useless, and that with thousands of these now sold it doesn't go down well for customer relations.
That led me onto the warranty replacement of solo. As it would not be fit for purpose.

Low and behold an update is arriving....hopefully.!

Not saying the words I wrote made them do anything.
Just saying they are listening and watching us.

Cool....!

On my first message to them I pointed out that without the solo app, it was currently impossible for anyone to complete a factory reset or calibrations without using MP etc.
I did also say without these functions, to the average user who didn't want to go the MP route, that solo could ultimately be rendered useless, and that with thousands of these now sold it doesn't go down well for customer relations.
That led me onto the warranty replacement of solo. As it would not be fit for purpose.

Low and behold an update is arriving....hopefully.!

Not saying the words I wrote made them do anything.
Just saying they are listening and watching us.

Cool....!
Mate I'm hearing you, as I found this issue equally frustrating when trying to get up and fly. Timing is just Sh**house when I had a commercial customer wanting work done. It really does make you consider the other options out there for a flagship for business. I must say this though that when Solo is working well, the job is a pleasant job, but when it is playing up because of an app, it is murder. I know one thing, when the app is up and running again, I won't be so quick to do an update on iOS again until I know there are no issues. Keeping an eye out on this forum in future is the best way to judge that decision as the users of the product are the best sorce of information. Hopefully the geo fence will be working this time also.
Best of luck everyone.

Reactions: Blade and speatuk
New iOS and compatibility with Apps issues is not new.
I was at one time keeping my iPad at iOS 8.xxx for like 2 years....LOL.
Since all my tablets including Android and iOS are only for flying drones, I do not want to upgrade iOS until I see from other users that the new iOS is compatible with all my drones, DJI included. So far I had great luck with Android OS update, never have issue...touch wood.

I respect 3DR still providing swift support for the iOS 10.3xx thingy, knowing they are now is a very "financially weak" company.
On the other hand, I am now keeping my old DJI GO app 1 version down from the latest, as latest one will force me to update to DJI GO 4 app because I have Phantom 4 ( not Pro, just 4 ) which, DJI GO 4 is full of problems. So here we see 2 different companies way of doing business.

In fact I accidentally updated my DJI GO on Android to latest version and got locked out from flying, unless I update to DJI GO 4 if ever I want to fly my P4. What the hell !!! That is so impolite of DJI by locking me out of my own drone and my own choice of App version. Lucky for me, some nice people keep depository of older DJI GO apps . Being Android it is very friendly. If this happen to my iPad, I probably can never get it to use older DJI GO app, because I am IT stupid :)

Since I am IT stupid , I hate Apple because I can't access internal files like I can on Android. So I am very very careful when new iOS appears :)

The bottom line is, thank you for this forum for keeping us Solo owners up to date for WHAT NOT to do.

Mine still says this lol.

I'm ALWAYS the last to upgrade anything.

5346d0d92ad2e9d96caf171a2915612f.jpg

Reactions: Eric Cutting
See first post. It's available in the App Store now.

LOL DO NOT use return to me on Android or in Kellys words get your credit card ready

I think the update was only an iOS update anyway to fix the 10.3.x app crashing.
But good advice none the less

Aussie

This is going to seem like a stupid question, but if 3DR is supporting devices for the commercial market with Site Survey, regardless of the consumer market, don't they need to keep updates coming, if for nothing more than THOSE highly expensive users?
I always read the messages about parts, batteries, etc., but how does 3DR keep those devices flying and supported?

This is going to seem like a stupid question, but if 3DR is supporting devices for the commercial market with Site Survey, regardless of the consumer market, don't they need to keep updates coming, if for nothing more than THOSE highly expensive users?
I always read the messages about parts, batteries, etc., but how does 3DR keep those devices flying and supported?

I wonder if they are really doing business in the commercial market, either. Their CEO said last Summer in an interview that they were out of the drone building business altogether. But I suppose if someone pays you $12,000 for the package, you could be convinced to step back in on an as-needed basis. I believe that Sony UMC-R10C camera they are using for the SiteScan package is just a re-labled or tweaked Sony QX1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle