3dr Solo Tower example...

J R

Reaction score
UPDATED: Added a quick video Edit of the flight. Just to help beginners to get some quick footage. See end of this post for additional info.

Okay, I got my bird fixed and back in the air today. I got a very short window of opportunity to test it. I figured I'd try to provide some info to other new flyers instead of just sucking up all the info that everyone has provided for me on this forum.

What I'm going to show is a low resolution screen recording of a small Tower mission. No narration, just an example of some of the capabilities with the Tower app. In the video you'll see I'm using both the Solo and Tower apps. There is a great tutorial, graciously provided by Nuggetz available at this link:

New Tower Tutorial | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

If you want to learn about using Tower, I'd suggest studying this tutorial first.

I flip between the Solo app (so I have full screen capability) and the Tower app (so I can see the progress of the mission) a few times to give a peek at what each looks like. This is uncut, just a start to finish screen recording. Towards the end I attempt to use my finger to control the camera on the video preview screen in Tower. I only did it to show the possibility of utilizing this function. It looks like a great feature but was a bit hard for me to implement. It's going to take some practice and precision.

Anyway, just thought I'd share for some of the guys that haven't taken on Tower yet. It should give you a good idea on what to expect starting out. I hope it's of use to some of you.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Quick video edit of yesterday's test flight

I did this for people like me who don't yet possess any real video or photography skills. This edit literally took about 15-20 minutes. This is a quick edit. No fancy stuff. No color corrections, no exposure stuff. Just a cut and paste editing job in Windows Movie Maker (Free!). It's from the test flight I posted yesterday. It's less than two minutes long and was recorded at 2.7k 60fps then edited and saved at 1080p 60fps.

Movie Maker is a quick and easy way for real amateurs like me to produce a video clip to share with your family and friends. I'm now attempting to use Adobe Elements 13 so I can try my hand at some more advanced stuff but I'm not there yet.

Just thought this might be helpful information for some of the new guys around here.

Jerry

Last edited:
Okay, I got my bird fixed and back in the air today. I got a very short window of opportunity to test it. I figured I'd try to provide some info to other new flyers instead of just sucking up all the info that everyone has provided for me on this forum.

What I'm going to show is a low resolution screen recording of a small Tower mission. No narration, just an example of some of the capabilities with the Tower app. In the video you'll see I'm using both the Solo and Tower apps. There is a great tutorial, graciously provided by Nuggetz available at this link:

New Tower Tutorial | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

If you want to learn about using Tower, I'd suggest studying this tutorial first.

I flip between the Solo app (so I have full screen capability) and the Tower app (so I can see the progress of the mission) a few times to give a peek at what each looks like. This is uncut, just a start to finish screen recording. Towards the end I attempt to use my finger to control the camera on the video preview screen in Tower. I only did it to show the possibility of utilizing this function. It looks like a great feature but was a bit hard for me to implement. It's going to take some practice and precision.

Anyway, just thought I'd share for some of the guys that haven't taken on Tower yet. It should give you a good idea on what to expect starting out. I hope it's of use to some of you.

Jerry

That's super great.

Reactions: J R
Wow that really rocks. Hope you saved the mission for a four season reveal.... Thanks for sharing, you did a great job showing the various apps in action.

Its pretty cool how the multiple waypoints can be combined into a complex mission. I look forward to live testing a few of my pre-planned missions in the next few weeks.

Jerry, that's great! I haven't used tower yet so that helps me see what everyone is talking about. Thank you!:)

How did you record the screen? I haven't been able to find an app for my iPad mini that will do that.

Thanks guys, just trying to give back a little where I can. Maddog, I'm using an Nvidia Shield which has a recorder built into it.

Jerry

Reactions: Maddog
I just updated the opening post with a small video edit of yesterday's test flight. It's really intended to show amateurs like me that they can easily produce video clips for friends and family. If interested go back to the first post of this thread.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea