3DR Solo stock oem propellers

3DR actually did a pretty good job maximizing Solo to be efficient out of the box. Pros and cons with after market props.

My experience so far is that Master Airscrew provide:
- better lift
- couple of minutes more flight time
- much lower noise compared with the stock and APC
- much, much better material which not only transfer all that power to the quad, but also is much more durable on crashes
- $17 :)
- I think somebody noted that if you buy 2 sets you get free shipping
Its still buy 2 free shipping because any thing over 25 $. is free shipping.

My 2 cents about the master Airscrew propellers: They do appear to be quieter (noticeably, but not proven through decibel testing). I believe they are more brittle due to the material. I was flying one of my drones and flew into a bush while practicing in manual mode (user error). All four props shattered while I had another accident with OEM props and only two broke (did not shatter). Again, this was not scientifically proven but opinion of the results in the two incidents.

For the price and service from master Airscrew, I would recommend them as replacement propellers for a good price (two sets of 4 at $17 per set). As someone said early in this thread, it does take a couple of installations to feel comfortable with them. I press them all of the way on the first time, bring them up and place the nuts in place and spin the propellers to tighten. Seemed to work well the second time.

Again, just my 2 cents, I do enjoy the information I get from these boards.

My 2 cents about the master Airscrew propellers: They do appear to be quieter (noticeably, but not proven through decibel testing). I believe they are more brittle due to the material. I was flying one of my drones and flew into a bush while practicing in manual mode (user error). All four props shattered while I had another accident with OEM props and only two broke (did not shatter). Again, this was not scientifically proven but opinion of the results in the two incidents.

For the price and service from master Airscrew, I would recommend them as replacement propellers for a good price (two sets of 4 at $17 per set). As someone said early in this thread, it does take a couple of installations to feel comfortable with them. I press them all of the way on the first time, bring them up and place the nuts in place and spin the propellers to tighten. Seemed to work well the second time.

Again, just my 2 cents, I do enjoy the information I get from these boards.

Happy Presidents' Day!
Get 10% OFF with your next purchase

At Master Airscrew we love holidays! Lets celebrate together with some extra discount.

To redeem this offer please use discount code "PRESIDENT" during your next checkout

My experience so far is that Master Airscrew provide:
- better lift
- couple of minutes more flight time
- much lower noise compared with the stock and APC
- much, much better material which not only transfer all that power to the quad, but also is much more durable on crashes
- $17 :)
- I think somebody noted that if you buy 2 sets you get free shipping
Can I use two stock props and two MA props

Go on try it, be the first and let us know how many bits you managed to turn solo into lol

On a serious note,

I for one wouldn't try it but hey prove me wrong.

In theory it should work. The FC is controlling each motor independently based on how much given thrust a motor produces to provide a level orientation. I know when I went to APC over the stock props it took about a half a battery to settle in to the change. Same happened when I installed 11" APC props.

But sure, I wouldn't recommend mix and match prop installation. Just like I wouldn't mix and match various motors. The initial flight would likely end in a spectacular crash.

My concern would be in the Yaw motion. I also would think PID's might need to be different ( slightly ) for different props. I'm probably over thinking this though.

My concern would be in the Yaw motion. I also would think PID's might need to be different ( slightly ) for different props. I'm probably over thinking this though.
My main concern is just to have a level flight, which the FC should control. I never thought about PIDs adjustments for stick input....as I have never been a DIY'er from ground up builds. I have assumed the performance sliders and user finesse are the adjustments needed for smooth control. Ignorance was bliss...thanks....;)

Better stick with 4 MA props :cool:

Mixing the props would likely work, however will push the flight controller to its limit.
Most probably you will need to adjust the PID gains. However, no matter what you do, I don't think you will be satisfied with the result of mixing props.

Since I'm using the MA props, I'm mixing only black and orange :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela