3DR Solo stock oem propellers

Reaction score
I was scouting eBay to see what's going on and noticed that a pair of propellers are at least $20 bucks. Some as high as $60 - $70 bucks. That's nuts! I hope people are not dumb enough to spend that kind of money for OEM propellers. Good thing I stocked up when BB had them for $4/pair.

I got my solo two days ago and have been trying to learn as much as possible. What makes these better than the stock props?
My experience so far is that Master Airscrew provide:
- better lift
- couple of minutes more flight time
- much lower noise compared with the stock and APC
- much, much better material which not only transfer all that power to the quad, but also is much more durable on crashes
- $17 :)
- I think somebody noted that if you buy 2 sets you get free shipping

Thank for the info on the Master Airscrew props. I just flew my bird into a tree (100% dumb pilot error), and fortunately the only damage was a broken prop. While I did buy one set of extras when I bought my Solo, it's nice to know there are alternatives.

D

My experience so far is that Master Airscrew provide:
- better lift
- couple of minutes more flight time
- much lower noise compared with the stock and APC
- much, much better material which not only transfer all that power to the quad, but also is much more durable on crashes
- $17 :)
- I think somebody noted that if you buy 2 sets you get free shipping
Though I've never flown MA props, I would be skeptical of that anecdotal statement claiming (essentially) 15% more flying time.

Though I've never flown MA props, I would be skeptical of that anecdotal statement claiming (essentially) 15% more flying time.
Hi Sardg,
I would recommend to try them out.
I cannot estimate actual time difference as it is difficult to do the test in ideal conditions keeping everything else the same. But definitely I got longer flight time. It is aviation, 5% counts, 15% is extraordinary.

Hi Sardg,
I would recommend to try them out.
I cannot estimate actual time difference as it is difficult to do the test in ideal conditions keeping everything else the same. But definitely I got longer flight time. It is aviation, 5% counts, 15% is extraordinary.
I think 15% would be extraordinary. That's why I was skeptical. Wouldn't mind trying MA but I bought quite a few stock props when 3DR had a BOGO sale several months ago.

Reactions: Jameson
Just got my APC Solo props. They look fine. Come 2 to a package w/a nut insert so they can screw on. I won't try them until the others break but that may never happen (hopefully :) )

They were $6.45, here's a link to one of the set,
10x4.5MR(ST2A)

Just got my APC Solo props. They look fine. Come 2 to a package w/a nut insert so they can screw on. I won't try them until the others break but that may never happen (hopefully :) )

They were $6.45, here's a link to one of the set,
10x4.5MR(ST2A)
13.43 usps shipping for 2!!!

"13.43 usps shipping for 2!!!" wow!

I paid 10.73 shipping but I ordered 12 props, various sizes

I think 15% would be extraordinary. That's why I was skeptical. Wouldn't mind trying MA but I bought quite a few stock props when 3DR had a BOGO sale several months ago.

MA props have been show to pull less amps, so yes to added flight time.

Silly question, but do they take much more time to add and remove the props compared to the stock quick release? They look like the nuts might be self-tightening, so hopefully not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly question, but do they take much more time to add and remove the props compared to the stock quick release? They look like the nuts might be self-tightening, so hopefully not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes a couple of installs to get used to doing them, but once you get it, they work fine. Seat the nut on top of the prop, put on motor shaft and start turning and it should work.

Edit: easiest way to make sure they get on tight is to turn the nut/prop combo while holding the motor bell still.

Last edited:
Reactions: perplumblewintz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela