3dr solo motor pod 01 not spinning

Reaction score
hi guys need some help on my solo, couple of flight times but this time no errors on beeps and leds but pod 01 won't spin. Everything checked out got all green lights and beeps like it was on stand by but when controller shows ready to fly pod 01 won't spin. Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum. Can you spin it by hand without the props on? If you can spin it by hand, go ahead and power up Solo without the props, and when you get the ok, go ahead and hit fly as if you were taking off, and watch what it does. If it still won't spin, send a ticket in to 3DR to see what they say. After you send in the ticket, follow up by chat or email, to speed things along. It's possible they may help you out under warranty, as long as there were no crashes caused by pilot error. Good luck to you.

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, also with motor pod 01. I turned Solo on and off a couple of times. No change. So I took it home and replaced the motor pod with a spare. All worked well.

Then I decided to find out what the problem was. So I re-installed the old pod. And it worked just fine.

My guess is bad contact at the signal connector. So I suggest to unplug and re-plug the motor pod connectors (follow the instructions in the manual). While you are at it do the other three pods as well.

I'm wondering whether bad contacts were to blame for some of the mid flight motor failures that some users had. And does this mean un- and re-plugging the motor pods as part of a regular maintenance schedule to ensure proper contact?

Thanks a lot guys will try those out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela