3DR Solo Maximun altitude without limit ?

No I am using that number because the FAA uses that number in both their hobby and commercial rules
rules that would never have been needed if people flew responsibly

Before a friend of mine knew the law, he took his straight up to 1,200' before losing connection.

Before a friend of mine knew the law, he took his straight up to 1,200' before losing connection.

So I've been reading up on the FAA and RECREATIONAL drone flight because I admit I only skimmed it before I registered. Yea, the FAA has issued "guidelines" not regulations, not laws, guidelines. As far as I can research "guidelines" are not actionable.

This has the "making things out to be more important than they actually are" feel to it. Obviously, we have some guys that want to be pilots so bad. They fill out pre flight check lists, flight logs, maintenance logs and etc on their $300 toy drone! They probably file a flight plan when they fly a kite (FAA Title 14 Part 101) and make their kid do 16 weeks of astronaut training before they can light bottle rockets on the 4th of July. Every Barbie Jeep in the garage has license and registration. Yeesh.... Baaaa baaaaa BAAAAAAA.....

Last edited:
Lon, clearly you have distain for those who choose to operate responsibly.
I have no pilot aspirations, but I don't figure you understand as you said you skimmed the reading.
I passed my 107, and much of the test regarding airspace is the same knowledge required of pilots.
I get that you are one of those who think the rules don't apply and that is fine, those on my side of the argument understand there are people out there who refuse to follow any rules and or guidelines because those just don't apply to you.
Fair enough, but you should educate yourself beyond skimming before you start belittling those of us who chose to be responsible about what we do

Thanks, I am not trying to be preachy, I suspect hobbyist are going to get hit hard when someone messes up real bad. I hate it, it does not have to be like that.
To be honest, I had no clue about how things work until studying for my test, amazing what we don't know.
It was a pain in the butt, still I am glad I did it and joined some groups of pros to learn from them.

I'm going to say this again, you all act as if every time someone gets a speeding ticket or gets into a car accident we're one step closer to cars getting outlawed. In the same sense, this notion that we're one incident away from drones being outlawed is just as ridiculous.

I'll tell you this, someone flying at 503 feet isn't your biggest worry, it's all you perverts using drones to spy on your neighbors. It is by far the biggest criticism of drones in general and of the greatest public concern. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the most ardent regulation proclaimers here weren't spying on little Timmy taking a bath a few hours ago. People don't call the cops because someone was flying their drone 413 feet off the ground. Trust me on that one. Privacy concerns will ground drones well before a few crashes do.

Lon.....

You are right......designed here in the good old USA......manufactured in China.....repaired in Tijuana....

Sorry about that......can I have my credibility back now.

I can see that you make friends real quick by the first few threads you created when you joined the forum and all the Solo bashing from your initial experience with this drone

I can tell that you are someone that is all about laws and regulations....not policies and procedures.....and you are surely one who does not have to follow "guidelines" either.........

I am sure you will just respond with another analogy to defend your position as to why "no limit" is ok.......or why 400 ft does not apply to you.......

And yes....it will be that one crash where you are flying above 400 ft....probably testing the "no limit" capability above the clouds and out of sight .....that takes down that private or commercial aircraft that you speak of that is nowhere around.......

And when you are in court.....that lawyer will eat you alive when your defense is "It is just a guideline"

Keep flying indoors in Michigan....you will hit that "no limit" real quick...

Wow.....this thread went sideways....Sorry everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: speatuk and pyrate
No need to ignore anyone....we are all adults here.......everyone has an opinion.....we all can use constructive criticism from time to time.....I will be the first to accept it myself

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela