3DR Solo gimbal upgrade

well well, nice work! is that a clever repackaging of a 360 gimbal or removal of physical stops and some Ardupilot settings?
(What are the cable and side bulges?)

Not my post, but people working on it now.
What we need now is retractable legs!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not my mod, Just found it on FB/Solo mods.
We asked the guy that says he made it, How he did it, But he's not telling? That's tells me it's easy to do?
The other video is just researching on youtube.

If you look through his videos on YouTube he mentions a"gimbal change".
This is not a stock gimbal.
Question is, it may go 360' but is it as good as the stock gimbal?

Yes i the noted that, but i think it's the same gimbal? at lease most of it. ether way he's not telling.

Yes I agree.

Anyway. Without doing the folding legs and adding more weight to solo it's useless.

Let's wait and see if he "spills the beans"

Reactions: HURTLOCKER69
I dont understand the wow factor here. How is rotating just the camera any better than rotating Solo with the left stick? Does it produce smoother video or something?

I dont understand the wow factor here. How is rotating just the camera any better than rotating Solo with the left stick? Does it produce smoother video or something?

Good question!
Just a little bit, most likely negotiable.
Considering "Time & Money" the modding of Gimbal & then modding for Retractable legs.
Answer:
Just as you noted, "Push the Stick"

Reactions: nbrege
Good question!
Just a little bit, most likely negotiable.
Considering "Time & Money" the modding of Gimbal & then modding for Retractable legs.
Answer:
Just as you noted, "Push the Stick"

Also, it's not apparent whether you can control the rotation speed. As demonstrated in the video it looks like it rotates at a constant speed, which looks too fast to be useful while recording. At least when using the stick you can control the speed.

Reactions: SteveReno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig