3DR Solo Barometer Claim

Reaction score
I recently had a unknown flip over crash on one of my landing and I sent off the logs to 3dr awhile ago. The rep I have been speaking with informed me yesturday that after reviewing all of my past flight logs, it appears that my barometer is defective... he reccomended to send my drone back for replacment. I just wanted to hear your guys opinions of if I should or not being I have not had a crash issue since. However my last flight in the cold was a little rough. I guess what should I do. Here is the email from the rep.

Rep: Hey Jarett,

Looking over and over at the sensor data, there seems to be drift in the barometer is all the flight logs submitted.
While this wouldn't cause major issues and you could fly perfectly fine, landing might become an issue and I would hate it to flip over time and time again.

We dealt with this on one of our units by landing manually but I understand it can be a hassle and I would rather replace your unit.

Send me proof of purchase and I'll start the paperwork for a replacement unit.

if 3DR says you have a bad unit, why would you question them?
get it replaced while you can

could not find the original solo pixhawk 2 specs but the new pixhawk 2.1 has two barometers

Not sure if it does or not. That's just what I was told. I just exchanged it at best buy when it was on sale for 299 I ended up getting $50 back and got a new drone, gimbal, and battery!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc