3dr solo at sea.

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why my drone won't take of from the deck of my sailing boat?? The Drone was in manual mode and wouldn't let me launch.

Can someone tell me why my drone won't take of from the deck of my sailing boat?? The Drone was in manual mode and wouldn't let me launch.
It is because Solo needs to initialize for which it requires a steady surface. There were some rumors for 3DR developing a boat mode, but given the fact that 3DR is getting our of retail business [Selling Solos], it will not materialize now.
Though you can try arming Solo on solid ground, then taking it to your boat (mind the current draw during idle state @ around 1A). Landing on a boat will be an issue too and would require some advance skills.
Hope this helps.

It is because Solo needs to initialize for which it requires a steady surface. There were some rumors for 3DR developing a boat mode, but given the fact that 3DR is getting our of retail business [Selling Solos], it will not materialize now.
Though you can try arming Solo on solid ground, then taking it to your boat (mind the current draw during idle state @ around 1A). Landing on a boat will be an issue too and would require some advance skills.
Hope this helps.
Not to forget that if you lose signal it will RTH to the place it initially got GPS info. It might be quite away from the boat.

Hope this helps.
Please note Solo needs to complete initialization prior to your moving it. See ** Do not move the solo by hand after powering on **

There are actually 1 gazillion - yes... an actual gazillion threads regarding boat mode - all available with a very simple search.

Reactions: Ed Beck and Stealth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl