3DR Solo App not compatible with IPhone 5 :-(

Reaction score
I just received my Solo today and tried to download the App. It looks like I need to buy a new IPhone 6 as the IPhone 5 is incompatible. :(

Last edited:
You might consider getting a larger Android tablet for $150ish and dedicating it to the Solo. Bigger screen, and likely better/more consistent performance. Only draw back is caching maps. I use phone as a hotspot and "wifi prioritizer" for that though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DodgeP
You might consider getting a larger Android tablet for $150ish and dedicating it to the Solo. Bigger screen, and likely better/more consistent performance. Only draw back is caching maps. I use phone as a hotspot and "wifi prioritizer" for that though.
Thanks man, but I'm an Apple nut. :)

Me too (iPad 2, iPhone 5s) but I noticed people having problems with IOS and to many apps. Figured for $150 I could dedicate a device to it.

Unless of course you just want a new iPhone 6 :)

Hey Michael,

I don't know if you have AT&T, but they are currently running a sale where if you purchase an iPhone 6 (I don't know if 6+ qualifies), you can get an iPad mini 2 WiFi + Cellular for $199. It is usually $329 or $429 depending on if you are setting up a contract when you buy it.

Thanks man, but I'm an Apple nut. :)

Me too but for $150 grab a Galaxy Tab and never look back. Especially since there will be some apps available on each platform that won't be developed for the other. 3DR Tower being one of them. Upgrade your phone at your own pace.

It sucks when Chris Anderson lies to you and is completely unapologetic... note "5" and "5c" ARE "supported".

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/solo-app-now-live-in-ios-and-android-app-stores

The full list of supported devices is here:

iOS:

• iPhone 5
  • iPhone 5c
  • iPhone 5s
  • iPhone 6 Plus
  • iPhone 6
  • iPad (4th generation)
  • iPad Air
  • iPad Air 2
  • iPad mini with Retina display
  • iPad mini 3
Sure.. he 'Lied' which means he had intent. Meaning he tested it on the 5, saw it didn't work and personally put it on the list anyway. Yep, makes perfect sense..o_O

Reactions: GoodnNuff
The captain of his own ship has no clue what the deck hands are doing? Yeah that makes sense... being an absentee father in the sense that you are completely out of touch with what was *tested* and validated to work is a pretty weak excuse when you are ALL over EVERYTHING blowing ALL THE marketing buxx to sell said product to the masses.

Get in touch with your product design BEFORE flapping your gums and selling it. Likewise this isn't the first time it was pointed out that the compatibility list was short. It was several days of complaints post launch to even get them to publish a "supported list". Rushing around to contend with DJI is no excuse for poorly marketed claims with a lack of actual support.

Sorry.. You've been right all along. No more gum flapping.. Gotta run out and watch the sky. May try to sell the Solo too. Don't want anyone flying it for me.

All products have room for improvement.

oh no I AM sorry... what was *I* thinking...

No problems here!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No one said anything as pedantic as "go sell your Solo, the sky is falling" FWIW. That is how YOU chose to interpret it (at the extreme).

oh no I AM sorry... what was *I* thinking...

No problems here!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No one said anything as pedantic as "go sell your Solo, the sky is falling" FWIW. That is how YOU chose to interpret it (at the extreme).
Sorry, the sky is falling comment wasn't based as much on your writings today as it is my familiarity of some of your writings on other forums and the fact that you have some sort of ax to grind with 3DR. I will admit that except for the 'lying' comment you have calmed down a bit. Your technical knowledge is well apparent and could be of use to those looking for help in that area. I would just suggest that the 'probable' be of more use here to the average flyer than the 'possible'. Probable being something that even a small percentage of users will experience.
Thanks and Take Care..

Sorry, the sky is falling comment wasn't based as much on your writings today as it is my familiarity of some of your writings on other forums and the fact that you have some sort of ax to grind with 3DR. I will admit that except for the 'lying' comment you have calmed down a bit. Your technical knowledge is well apparent and could be of use to those looking for help in that area. I would just suggest that the 'probable' be of more use here to the average flyer than the 'possible'. Probable being something that even a small percentage of users will experience.
Thanks and Take Care..
Why don't we leave that crap on the other forums then? This back and forth between you two is serving no purpose, one encourages the other. We all know you don't agree with each other and have differing opinions. Leave the pissing contest on the other forum.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea