Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

1. Sargemo

Thom, Finally got out and flew using SidePilot for the first time. Seemed to have trouble calibrating, kept repeating same thing, ended up flying with no issues. Admittedly I haven't read the operators manual so I was winging it. iPhone 6 screen was cluttered making the video feed blocked by data screens. I'm guessing there's a way around that. The good news is I had video feed, very grateful. I'll do some reading and get more proficient with the app.

Thom likes this.
  2. wtkphoto

In the "3DR Solo Owners Group" on facebook, Vu Tran, VP of Operations at 3DR said 2 days ago
    "Hi all, There's been lots of posts about issues with iOS 10.3.1. We've verified that there are issues with it. We are working on a resolution as we speak.

Until then, please don't upgrade to iOS version 10.3.1 if you don't have to.

More info to come."

Then yesterday he said
    "Hi all! Current ETA on the fix release is early next week. Stay tuned!"

Thom and Blade like this.
  3. Sargemo

Thx for the update. Seriously tho, a 'team' working to resolve the issue could have done it over a three martini lunch break.

motor9 and speatuk like this.
  4. Tommyb10

Hi!

That's a great suggestion, do you mind posting on our forums over at SidePilot.net and I'll add it to the todo list. Just so you can be notified when it becomes available.

Cheers!
    Tom

5. Vegasrobbi

Great, thanks. I've never been an Apple guy and wasn't looking forward to the hocus pocus of downgrading, I'll wait another week.

Thom likes this.
  6. Thom

Well that's progress. You sure gotta see where your solo is going. I have been turning on go pro to record before I fly manually but must keep it close for me to visually see solo. Keep at it.

7. Thom

That's good news! Like to see that happen. Appreciate the update.

8. Thom

You can't downgrade anyway so yea, crossing fingers this won't take too long. Apple guy myself and I use cable cam for clients, so looking to keep 3drsolo ap with my I products.

9. 1tom2go

I used SidePilot successfully yesterday (iPhone 6) for a Search and Rescue training. I had to buy for the $9.99 since I needed something. It's not so user friendly or intuitive. I only needed video feed and it worked, but I don't think there was any flight data such as elevation, etc. I think it was just the GoPro screen view.

I did 2 things to set it up:

[First, Power up all the Solo stuff, connect the Wifi if not already.]

1) From the main screen with the map, go to the MENU by touching the 3 bars in the upper left corner. From the list, select Video Stream, then select Settings in upper right, select 3DR SOLO.
    2) On the MENU list, I selected Help and Settings, at Connection Settings, select 3DR SOLO.

Go back to the Main screen and touch the upper right antennae thing to Connect. Now you have flight and battery data on the Map Screen, but it is on a separate screen from the video feed screen, and it ain't as easy as I would like to toggle back and forth, but it does have a good voice alert lady that warns you of things. I found the ARM feature to be useless for the 3DR Solo.

If I learn anything else, I'll let you know. Hey, it works :)

-Tom

#69 1tom2go, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Thom likes this.
  10. Thom

Great information. As long as you accomplish what you need to do for time being is positive.

11. cameraguy

I'm happy to say one of my Mac mini's was not upgraded, so I can still fly.

For some reason, it won't let me register, but it,doesn't crash on load.

Thom likes this.
  12. BravoTango

I picked up an Ipad Mini from uscell this weekend, was still on 10.1 , Got the bird back in the air.

Looks like I will wait until everyone can confirm the safety of the update before I let it go to 10.3

Thom likes this.
  13. Thom

That's great! I do feel confident that 3DR will get their ap connected to the new iOS update. Maybe you have registered on your other device. I could not register either. Not to worried about the small stuff.

14. einSteiner

Same problem here; can anyone recommend an inexpensive Android tablet as an alternative? Thanks.

15. Cuzman

Some people like the K1. I still love my 2013 nexus 7. Can be had for under $100 on ebay. Never any problems seeing the screen outside. And, as someone else pointed out, it is the one Colin was using in the training videos. I decided that was good enough for me! Enjoy!

Thom and einSteiner like this.
  16. motor9

Noob here - Hey all...

I purchased mine in July of 2016 in a bundle from B&H and did not attach the GoPro HERO3+ SILVER (that was recommended by B&H and came with the bundle) until recently. After firmware ups to the Solo and the GoPro, I got everything ready to go - and wouldn't you know it... NADA. The GoPro would beep and shut down/power up constantly. Searched around and found that the 3+ SILVER may not be compatible, so I got a 4 BLACK to test. In the meantime, I updated the iPad mini to 10.3.1 and you know the rest of story.

It does make a handsome paperweight, though.

On a side note, I don't understand the delays in updating the app as they have clearly postured themselves as a *software* company focusing on Site Scan. Updating the iOS app surely can't be that difficult to the code experts. I was also perplexed by what I read in a recent article that stated 3dr was #2 behind DJI with a 19% market share (of a 6+ BILLION dollar market). I would think that most companies (knowing there will always be competish) would be elated at a 19% share.

Oh well, as we wait patiently for the next 3DR chapter to unfold... Maybe my Kudrone will work out of the box ;)

Peace

17. Kjflyguy

3DR is no longer supporting the register portion and do not need emails...Game over man.

18. DaveB

I can't agree with you more. After my iphone quit For $39 on ebay I got a 7" proscan tablet with android 4.4 then got solex and love them.

19. DaveB

Yes !!! it is "SIDEPILOT" works on iphones & ipads not bad for $10 it will work till we get the solo app back.

Thom likes this.
  20. NukPwr

I put in a ticket a few days back and received a reply just now that they are actively working on resolving the issue. I guess that is good news, they aren't dropping support yet. I installed Sidepilot and it worked so far for me. Not quite as integrated or user friendly but works and gives access to the parameters also. Still figuring everything out.

Thom likes this.