3dr Solo app for iOS

Just received a reply from Apple. Appropriately, they referred me to 3DR customer service for the remedy. I would expect 3DR to address this quickly.

As of 4/6/17 still nothing from 3DR. The world is still waiting on an update to the Solo iOS app. Don't make a mistake and purchase one yet.

As of 4/7/17 still nothing from 3DR. The world is still waiting on an update to the Solo iOS app. Don't make a mistake and purchase one.

I updated my iPhone 6S and iPad 3 to iOS 10.3 and now the app crashes when it connects to Solo. I have removed the app and reinstalled it on both devices but no luck. Anyone having this problem? Thx
Upgraded my iPad mini to 10.3.Won't work with solo.Have'nt upgraded my iPhone 6 yet and bloody well won't till they upgrade solo software.Owen,3dr help said they are looking into it.better hurry up.Plus I have been getting.yelow writing saying no internet connection..Cheers.

As of 4/8/17 still nothing from 3DR. The world is still waiting on an update to the Solo iOS app. Don't make a mistake and purchase one.

You can downgrade iOS (instructions elsewhere in this forum), or pick up an inexpensive Android tablet. The Android solution will also allow you to run Solex, which has way more features than the stock Solo app.

I updated my iPhone 6S and iPad 3 to iOS 10.3 and now the app crashes when it connects to Solo. I have removed the app and reinstalled it on both devices but no luck. Anyone having this problem? Thx
I roll back to 10.2.1 but it's too much hassle as you can't restore your back up if you were at 10. 3.1. I just grabbed a galaxy tablet and said to heck with it until it's fixed.

I would not count on 3DR to supply an update. They have said repeatedly they are no longer supporting the consumer side.

Unfortunately, I think your only choice will be to either roll your iOS device back or purchase an Android device.:mad:

I just bought SidePilot for $10 on ios and it seems to work well for a viewfinder and shutter controller.

Oh wow, it does look amazing....the OSD is awesome, does it record the OSD to the video? Does it record that OSD to video? That would be sweet. And wow this app looks amazing
Solex does not record the screen image but you can get a free app called Az Screen Recorder that will record everything you see on the screen. That's what I use.

Is 3DR shipping me an Android device? Why wood I spend more money on a dying product and a company?
Mr. Goose, You have several working options:

1. Upgrade to Solex
2. Downgrade to prior iOS
3. Side Pilot
4 Upgrade your Pixhawk to 2.1 "hardware"

So you see there are several options to fly your bird NOW.
So stop quaking about no 3DR rescues
Sorry for the pun... :)

Is 3DR shipping me an Android device? Why wood I spend more money on a dying product and a company?

I agree, I'm actually getting really sick of 3DR tbh. They marketed Solo as being obsolete-proof but we've all ended up being screwed.

I'm a newby to this site.Having updated my near new ipad mini two weeks ago.pad wouldn`t work with solo.Bugger!.Did not upgrade my iPhone six,so I have been yousing it.But have been getting no internet,when selecting wy fi.Things seem to work ok.Anyway.Followed what was said on site,to go back to 10.2.Went to Phone hacks site.followed there steps.Bit of farting around but got the ipad back to 10.2.Just went out and used Ipad on solo.Many thankS to the blokeS on this site that wrote about it.Im 66.been flying rc since 15 years old.Had the odd drone.ar parrot.years ago.Was nearly going to buy a mavic.Will hold off.Doing another trip around my Australia.again.four or five months.Get away from our winter down in Victoria.Cheers all.

I agree, I'm actually getting really sick of 3DR tbh. They marketed Solo as being obsolete-proof but we've all ended up being screwed.

Sorry you feel slighted by poor support from 3DR. I see things totally differently. Due to a series of poor business decisions on their part, I was able to buy ~$1500 worth of gear for $300. I don't think 3DR 'owes' me anything more. Frankly I'm shocked that 3DR is still honoring warranty claims, considering they are loosing big $ on every sale. I see having to buy a $100-$200 tablet is just the cost of doing business. I'm still WAY ahead in the value department.
Solo is a great product, and getting better with all the DIY development going on. Just don't expect much from 3DR, they have already given it their best shot.

Reactions: Firefly and erwabo
Its supposed to say "no internet connection" to my knowledge. The controller hands outs IP address through DHCP, but it doesn't have a route to the internet.

So, Im sitting at my desk and just updated to IOS 10.3.1
I Dont have my drone here but I can launch the app, and hit Fly with no crash. Im going to take it for a spin at lunch and see.
*FINGERS CROSSED *

So, Im sitting at my desk and just updated to IOS 10.3.1
I Dont have my drone here but I can launch the app, and hit Fly with no crash. Im going to take it for a spin at lunch and see.
*FINGERS CROSSED *

Mine does the same, but will crash when trying to connect to the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986