3DR Solo and airport TSA security

Reaction score
Hi guys, I plan on traveling to South America to take some footage of the amazons with my drone so my question is does anyone know if I can go thru airport TSA security with my drone backpack or if I have to check it in? Please let me know...

Thanks

Mike

You cannot check LiPo batteries. It is required to be to be carry on. People take it with them on carry on all the time.

Reactions: mikito05
Welcome to the forums Mikiti05. I would suggest you check the TSA website, the web site of the airlines you are using and the airport security where you will return from to be sure of all the rules & regulations. Flying in the USA is easy, some other countries have different rules. Some people have had their UAV confiscated in some countries upon entering. Do your research now to avoid surprises later.

As stated, TSA should not be a problem as long as you hand-carry the LiPo batteries. It's the destination country that you should be aware of. I know Bahamas and the Philippines both require some form of permit or certificate before you are allowed to fly. A couple of sites that may have the answer:

Drone Laws (by Country) | UAV Coach

Drone Laws By Country – UAV Systems International

The laws regarding drones are changing rapidly, but these sites may point you in the right direction.

Reactions: Aussie in AZ
As stated, TSA should not be a problem as long as you hand-carry the LiPo batteries. It's the destination country that you should be aware of. I know Bahamas and the Philippines both require some form of permit or certificate before you are allowed to fly. A couple of sites that may have the answer:

Drone Laws (by Country) | UAV Coach

Drone Laws By Country – UAV Systems International

The laws regarding drones are changing rapidly, but these sites may point you in the right direction.

I've been looking for this info.

Cheers mate
Aussie

Be careful especially if you are landing in Lima, Peru. Their aduana's (custom agents) are notoriously crooked. They have a random STOP sign check when going through customs and if you get stopped your stuff will go though another screening area just out of view of the customs gate where they will either let you pass or confiscate what they want. I had 4 laptops taken by them which were being donated to a hospital in Iquitos as part of our medical mission to the Amazon and we even had a letter of introduction from the Peruvian Consulate! The aduanas said they would hold them and give them back to us on our return flight out...never saw them again. Good luck and I hope you get some incredible footage in the Amazon. The beauty there is overwhelming.

Reactions: FinniKris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421