3DR Solo Accessory Breakout Board by ProfiCNC

it is a an easy way to get to all these goodies
solo is much more than a cool looking quad, it is a development platform
Accessory Bay | 3DR Solo Development Guide

Thanks for the quick reply, so the sold item is better than the stock version or an alternative? Afraid I might have fried my accessory board after a water landing, at least the Polarpro LED lights I had to disconnec.

no such board on a stock unit
this is an add on

Ah okay, so this clicks into the accessory bay..

Hope you have patience for one last rookie question.. What kind of accessories can be hooked up to this new board? Found the useful accessories advertised on 3DR's homepage very sparse considering it's a 1 year old developing product. Haven't had much luck finding other useful accessories elsewhere.

the board is for people to build accessories
the accessory bay already has a connection for the folks who have accessories
this is for developers to build upon

Many thanks, how long before you will receive the completed boards?
I will order closer to the date, I have to put a request in for the funding as its for a charity project to enable disabled individuals to pilot the 3DR Solo using Mind Control, Gesture and have Thermal Imaging all via FPV displayed on the SmartGlasses.
Many thanks
Phil
The e-Wheelchair project

i'm assembling a batch now. those are already sold out. i have another batch at the fab (almost sold out) and another batch waiting to be assigned to a panel. if i don't have any in hand there is about a 2 week turn around time.

usps first class to uk takes between 7-10 days but could vary based on customs.

Last edited:
i'm assembling a batch now. those are already sold out. i have another batch at the fab (almost sold out) and another batch waiting to be assigned to a panel. if i don't have any in hand there is about a 2 week turn around time.

usps first class to uk takes between 7-10 days but could vary based on customs.
Thanks again for your help. I'm unfortunately bound by rules and funding as the work I do is non profit and largely self funded. I will be posting a lot of solutions for ' Thermal Imaging ' , SmartGlasses Control and even Gesture. The Thermal Imaging setup will be probably the cheapest available solutions for a Drone. If you want to find out more about what I'm doing please feel free to ask. I am working currently for US Veterans and a way to pilot the 3DR even if they are Amputees! I pilot with 1 Hand from my wheelchair. It's a great project and media reports are hugely successful.
Best wishes with health
Phil

Phil,
Please elaborate on your project, esp. your thermal imaging solution.
Did you see my posts in the Solo development area?
Solo Development Area
I have flown Plan C several times and am working on Plan A.
If you need a breakout board I still have some of the ones I made.
Solo Breakout Board & connectors

For Veterans, I'd send you one no charge.

...ken...

Phil,
Please elaborate on your project, esp. your thermal imaging solution.
Did you see my posts in the Solo development area?
Solo Development Area
I have flown Plan C several times and am working on Plan A.
If you need a breakout board I still have some of the ones I made.
Solo Breakout Board & connectors

For Veterans, I'd send you one no charge.

...ken...
Hi Ken
Thank you very much for your comment please could you email me directly with regards to the Thermal Imaging, I cannot say a huge amount just yet for obvious reasons.
I have the Thermal Imaging already displayed on FPV using 5.8Ghz with a range of around 3-4 Km . My work is very well covered on my LinkedIn Profile, please have a read through the posts and you will get a much better idea of what I do.
LinkedIn

My email address is [email protected]
It would be very much appreciated for your assistance.
I will explain much more in an email.
Best wishes with health.
Phil Case

I would also be interested in ordering the board without headers. Do you have any available right now? Thanks!

Hi, I received my board. Thanks. I ordered one without headers. What are my options if I decide I want the headers?

Hi, I received my board. Thanks. I ordered one without headers. What are my options if I decide I want the headers?

you can get single row break away female headers from amazon or ebay. they usually come in in 40-pin segments. you just score the length you need and then snap it off. you'll want the 0.1"(2.5mm) pitch version. also stay away from the round versions. they are too long.

Reactions: lroberts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle