3DR Out of Stock for Solo and Gimbal

Reaction score
Hello all, just to let anybody know that has an RMA in process 3DR is currently out of stock on both the Solo unit as well as the gimbal... Very disappointed in this.

Did they give you a wait time for availability?
They did not, they told me that they have no estimated time for the products to be in stock. It seems as though they are out of everything. Before my RMA I had ordered a GPS shield and that was on back order as well and now the Solo and Gimbal are too. It really makes me wonder what is going on over there.

They've been out of stock on the gimbal for about two weeks now. Being out of stock on the solo itself is new though. Are you sure about that? More likely they mean they're out of stock on a Solo with gimbal... because of the gimbal.

They've been out of stock on the gimbal for about two weeks now. Being out of stock on the solo itself is new though. Are you sure about that? More likely they mean they're out of stock on a Solo with gimbal... because of the gimbal.
I am yes because when I was on support chat with them I asked which product was on back order the gimbal or the Solo and they said "both"

Not good news as, word is they are not making any more of them.

Ugh.. I got this for the fact that it will be supported for time to come.. Here it is a year later and now they look to be done. What happened with props (i am still on the original ones) but if it crashes here a month or 2 from now will we be able to get new props?

Reactions: Rex Barlow
That is true about the miscommunication.. the are known for that !

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I been thinking of ordering some... still have the same 6 that came with it (knock on wood)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pushjerk
I just went to the website and all appears in stock except props.
Their website will probably show in stock, at least it did when I ordered my gps shield and then contacted support when it took so long and they said they were out of stock and on back order for about 2.5 weeks.

I did a chat with someone at 3DR yesterday. I checked stock, and was told there is no problem. They are still making Solo's for all markets.

So relax, enjoy your solo's and let's put this issue to death.

Reactions: SteveReno
I did a chat with someone at 3DR yesterday. I checked stock, and was told there is no problem. They are still making Solo's for all markets.

So relax, enjoy your solo's and let's put this issue to death.

"..still making Solo's for all markets" - are you so sure? From what I heard - the factory where the Solo was manufactured has been shut for a year and after one or two production runs no Solos have been made. Even if 3DR came out in public and said what you say now I'm not sure I would believe them. I enjoy my Solo nearly every day - but in regards to 3DR I wouldn't be surprised if they abandon the Solo to go chasing new business adventures.
Check 需要安全验证 and look for Paul Dinardi's well thought through comments on the recent turn of direction for 3DR.

(not sure what happened with the link above... but it links to a post on the 3DR Solo Owners page on facebook :))

3DR hasn't been producing additional solos for a very long time. And they have no need to. They produced more than they should have in their first production run to begin with and still haven't sold them all. Customer service was either BSing, or you may have misunderstood what they meant. As for the gimbals, I believe they have NEW ones in stock. But it seems they were out of stock on ones to send out as RMA replacements. Usually RMA replacements are repaired models.

Reactions: Ørjan Sandland
Just chatted with them last night, they claim they are still out of stock on both but "hoping to get more from the manufacture soon"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo