3DR not producing any more solo

Reaction score
Hi,

I heard that 3DR is not producing any more solo ?

Is it true?

I don't know where did you hear that from? You sound a bit like Trump. A lot lot of people are telling me xxxx. Not facts or whom is saying it. Sorry to be harsh but we always see new poster here with the sky is falling statements.

I don't know where did you hear that from? You sound a bit like Trump. A lot lot of people are telling me xxxx. Not facts or whom is saying it. Sorry to be harsh but we always see new poster here with the sky is falling statements.

Someone wrote this on the facebook

This is likely true. The amount they have already produced will likely be more than enough to cover their commercial ventures. No reason to produce more.

This is likely true. The amount they have already produced will likely be more than enough to cover their commercial ventures. No reason to produce more.

The problem is that they won't produce anymore because now, they're working on business side, not on consumer side

ooohhhh.....You questioned 3DR....that will get you nothing but trouble here...This is not a forum that you ask any questions...or ever, I mean ever say anything not positive about 3DR...sorry gotta go, think someone's at my door, gotta hide in the closet....sshhh....just a hint;)(SARCASM FILTER TURNED ON WAY HIGH...BUT OH SO TRUE) Keep your dirty little rumors out of here...this is a land of make believe everything good in the world.....even if they are not producing Solo anymore...I didn't say that....you did...ok...going underground..laters

^^ Non sense. When people post unsubstantiated rumors as fact for the purpose of trolling or being an asshole, they get beat up. But when someone politely asks a question, there is nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: adnane and Burkeam
ooohhhh.....You questioned 3DR....that will get you nothing but trouble here...This is not a forum that you ask any questions...or ever, I mean ever say anything not positive about 3DR...sorry gotta go, think someone's at my door, gotta hide in the closet....sshhh....just a hint;)(SARCASM FILTER TURNED ON WAY HIGH...BUT OH SO TRUE) Keep your dirty little rumors out of here...this is a land of make believe everything good in the world.....even if they are not producing Solo anymore...I didn't say that....you did...ok...going underground..laters
I agree w pedals. Ask for help and you will quickly get it here. Post BS rumors without the sources and what would you except recieve? A crying party? If you want drama go to the nail salon. If you want discussion or help your at the right forum.

Let's say they aren't making anymore Solos. What does it mean? Nothing to me. I have four Solos, two still NIB. I guess I will need another craft to build/fly in a few years. In the mean time I will enjoy what I have.

Drone-maker 3D Robotics cuts jobs, refocuses on corporate market

What do they mean why they say in the article : forcing the others to adapt?

DJI is the largest consumer drone mfg. Thier high volume and low cost create stiff compitition. How do you make a buck in this arena? You need to adapt. Not everyoe can be a DJI. Those Chris is pointing out 3dr vision

“DJI is doing great, it’s because they are moving so fast, it’s forcing the others to adapt,” 3DR co-founder and Chief Executive Chris Anderson told MarketWatch, referring to the biggest consumer drone maker. “Some companies are adapting by leaving, and others are adapting by moving upstream to the enterprise, which was always our plan. And is it just accelerating right now.”

Of course and people never throw these tantrums over a pp right, lmao. The whole reason every bodies here is because all the other solo threads were constantly spammed by losers trying to bash something they'd never seen let alone flown. Obviously your that guy so I'll just move on and let you go throw a party on our sister site. Btw I own both and as far as community goes the other guys is laughable and I've learned more as a solo owner in a year than I would have previously in ten years.

To the poster yes new folks with statements talking bad with no value to the forum are jumped on and that's because everyone here has been on these sites like RCG that allow solo bashing yet ban you for saying your phantom has an issue you need advice on. There are literally people over a year after release dedicating their whole lives to complaining about solo and other phantom competitors and we all know the worst one of all, lol.

If that's not you which it appears is the case, this is the best place to learn from mature adults from all walks of life that are ridiculously intelligent and experienced. Forums don't get better than thus one for most any product especially drones. Far as no more solos I'd say it's possible, but 3dr seems pretty committed to still updating and supporting solo either way.

Reactions: Solo Keith
SoloProduction.jpg

Chris Anderson's post showing Chinese Solo production line in Oct. 2015.

In my opinion, they should stay in step with GoPro firmware until last produced Solo leaves the shelf from 3DR store, be it SiteScan order or other. I'd be willing to cut a break in lingering Best Buy/Frys/BH inventory. If 3DR are still moving internal inventory, I think an obligation/commitment is in hand not to pull out because they don't have the staff. If they are in tight partnership with GoPro, let's do this.

Reactions: Jarmw89
No doubt the margin for business sector is higher but then again, the requirement is also more critical. Site scan aims at the survey sector. However, many cameras that are standard for survey are too heavy or not fit for Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela