3DR no longer takes calls...

Nick you joined this forum today, and I have just read the entire body of your very informative 14 posts.
clearly you have an ax to grind with 3DR

here is a little tip, when you join a community take some time to get to know the people on that group. unless of course you are just here to disrupt things and make fantastic claims about how your expansive 11 year career qualifies you file with the FTC against 3dr

Regardless, congratulations you have earned a place on my ignore list in less than 15 posts
that's a record
You shouldn't throw with stones if you sit in a glass house.

That said, you are not here to disrupt things? Interesting. All I see you do is tell us how "unnecessary" this thread is, how little substance it has and so on.

EDIT: Please have the last word. I don't care. I said what I had to say (that 3DR is not taking any calls at the moment). Time for me to move on.

Don't have to ask a lawyer, because your definition is incorrect. It's not INTENT, it's KNOW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. I've been doing quite a bit of reading these past few days, and it seems the Solo's GPS problems are quite widespread, arguably putting 3DR in the "should have known" category.

So glad you enlightened me. I will pass this new definition on to the DA's office for the prosecution of future cases. Silly us, we've been using the long established definition of fraud for too long:

"Fraud must be proved by showing that the defendant's actions involved five separate elements: (1) a false statement of a material fact,(2) knowledge on the part of the defendant that the statement is untrue, (3) intent on the part of the defendant to deceive the alleged victim, (4) justifiable reliance by the alleged victim on the statement, and (5) injury to the alleged victim as a result."

After you get the FTC to take your 'text book example of fraud'. Follow the first 1:30sec of this video to check both ends of the video cable. and no, it does not void the warranty.
EDIT: Forgot to post the video.. Sorry..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
It was probably your approach, language, and attack of the company/product this forum represents. But none the less, you are who brought up that 3DR was committing 'text book fraud'. It also appears that many of your posts have been removed. Probably for the above reasons. But regardless of your attitude, I still gave you the information needed to check your cable and possibly get in the air again.
You're Welcome
Fly Safe...

I'm chewing on a handful of popcorn watching this thread; it's more entertaining than Netflix at the moment.:D:p
Gee thanks EW! It's Monday and things are slow. But I'm calling it a night so you'll have to go back to Netflix. But seriously, I hope he takes the advise and at least checks the connections. Might save him from having to return it. Probably won't save 3DR from the fraud charges though.:D

I called last week and talked to a tech guy. All our other conversations are by email. Most companies I deal with on software issues do not answer phones.
They say that to keep prices lower, they need to cut overhead. I am okay with this, as long as they answer my email promptly.

Reactions: Jubalr
3DR has been planning the idea of live chat back into last year, there are pros and cons, US customers liked speaking to a person, but international customers were landed with expensive call charges; live chat has the benefit that people can take screenshots, so misadvice can be picked up and dealt with. It likely saves money for 3DR too, but with Vu at the helm 3DR's customer service will remain stellar as he's customer service to the core.

3DR have the same number of support people, in fact I saw one of the support people even posting on Facebook last night to correct a piece of misinformation from a live chat.

Customer service is driven by the standards the management set, Vu has helped out a number of people on this forum, on Facebook too, on e-mail and in person, the fact he's so customer focused will mean his team remain so. I attach a story from a few days ago as yet another example.

this week.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
P.S. I can't give any clues, but just so people know, 3DR are already this week testing an enhancement to Solo for release in a future firmware, so 3DR's internal developers are continuing on making Solo better.

Are we sure the premise of this thread is accurate? Are we sure the phone support is officially ended?

Are we sure the premise of this thread is accurate? Are we sure the phone support is officially ended?
Phone support has been changed to live chat instead, the change is effective from this week onwards.

I have a feeling "Nick Nicholas" is a certain user by another name on several other forums who's made it his life's work to relentlessly disparage 3DR at every opportunity. Would not surprise me at all if he's on DJI's payroll, just as we saw a few years ago Samsung paying people to disparage HTC online. Takes all kinds...

In any case, is this all concerning? Sure. 3DR is obviously going through some business model issues. Solo probably hasn't sold as well as they hoped. The FAA regulations have cast a bit of a shadow over the industry, and the general hype surrounding "drones" has died down considerably. Solo is a great product that still offers more capabilities than the competition and I hope it and 3DR have a future.

Regarding support, people in general have an unfortunate tendency to ruin things for themselves. Give people unlimited mobile data on a smartphone plan, and they'll use it to replace their non-mobile home internet access and stream terabytes of netflix and youtube. Give people unlimited cloud storage, and they'll upload petabytes of garbage, just because they can. Give people a liberal replacement policy, and you'll have them destroying their product through sheer stupidity and demanding a replacement. Give people a 24/7 call center, and you'll have non-customers calling in just to chat.

So telephone support is/may be going away. If that helps 3DR weather the storm, fine. Personally, I preferred e-mail support anyway, it let me organize needed information better, attach images, send links to videos detailing the issue, etc. An issue with my drone is not a life and death situation, I don't need someone manning a phone 24 hours a day to handle whatever problem I may run into.

Regarding the confusion surrounding the battery sale, I'm sorry if this offends some people here, but seriously??!?!? I added one battery, proceeded through the checkout process to the page that lets you enter coupon codes, which always comes before entering in your payment info. Nothing happened, so I figured I needed to add two batteries, which then enabled the coupon code to do it's thing. If you couldn't figure that out, maybe you shouldn't be flying a 4lb RC aircraft through the skies. ;)

Last edited:
I dunno. Now I have to learn how to type for customer service. It is NOT on the box that I need to learn how to type for product support. When I placed my online order for Solo at BH they made no mention that I needed to learn how to type. This is a game changer for me. I will seek damages with the assistance from the FBI, CIA, FTC, SEC and CPSC.
This cannot stand! I am forming an email to my attorney as I type this... 3DR is DOOMED...

I have a feeling "Nick Nicholas" is a certain user by another name on several other forums who's made it his life's work to relentlessly disparage 3DR at every opportunity. Would not surprise me at all if he's on DJI's payroll, just as we saw a few years ago Samsung paying people to disparage HTC online. Takes all kinds...

In any case, is this all concerning? Sure. 3DR is obviously going through some business model issues. Solo probably hasn't sold as well as they hoped. The FAA regulations have cast a bit of a shadow over the industry, and the general hype surrounding "drones" has died down considerably. Solo is a great product that still offers more capabilities than the competition and I hope it and 3DR have a future.

Regarding support, people in general have an unfortunate tenancy to ruin things for themselves. Give people unlimited mobile data on a smartphone plan, and they'll use it to replace their non-mobile home internet access and stream terabytes of netflix and youtube. Give people unlimited cloud storage, and they'll upload petabytes of garbage, just because they can. Give people a liberal replacement policy, and you'll have them destroying their product through sheer stupidity and demanding a replacement. Give people a 24/7 call center, and you'll have non-customers calling in just to chat.

So telephone support is/may be going away. If that helps 3DR weather the storm, fine. Personally, I preferred e-mail support anyway, it let me organize needed information better, attach images, send links to videos detailing the issue, etc. An issue with my drone is not a life and death situation, I don't need someone manning a phone 24 hours a day to handle whatever problem I may run into.

Regarding the confusion surrounding the battery sale, I'm sorry if this offends some people here, but seriously??!?!? I added one battery, proceeded through the checkout process to the page that lets you enter coupon codes, which always comes before entering in your payment info. Nothing happened, so I figured I needed to add two batteries, which then enabled the coupon code to do it's thing. If you couldn't figure that out, maybe you shouldn't be flying a 4lb RC aircraft through the skies. ;)
Well said UN, I agree. But I was able to get Nick going through a PM he sent me. After I posted the video on how to remove the bat tray, he found that the GPS cable was not plugged in.

Well said UN, I agree. But I was able to get Nick going through a PM he sent me. After I posted the video on how to remove the bat tray, he found that the GPS cable was not plugged in.

Ok, so I stand corrected on Nick and, for that, apologize. Can't help but be suspicious when someone registered and immediately launches a barrage of complaints.

Reactions: Ian [P13]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc