3DR FNG

Zim

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wanted to say what's up and introduce myself. I'm new to flying sUAV's but have worked around them on commercial filming operations for years. I'm a still photographer specializing in action sports that's just trying to get a handle on flying my Solo, as well as learning some aerial cinematography basics.

The 2nd day I used a Solo I lost it into the ocean. It was a typical sad story of not knowing what I didn't know: I relied on the easy GPS lock and didn't know how to recover when it went into FLY: MANUAL... Anyway, I didn't give up and found this forum which helped me immensely.

I bought a grip of batteries and I'm flying in manual mode 90% of my time, trying to learn to recreate all of the smart shots without GPS. I'm studying for my Part 107 but not planning on trying to fly commercially until I feel like I have a solid foundation on my flying and filming ability.

Thanks to everyone here for offering their information and expertise!

- Tim

Hi, Zim, and welcome. Sorry to hear your Solo took a swim. You are smart to learn flying manual, so you are comfortable with it in case you need it in a pinch. You are in a great part of the country to fly and film, so take it slow and easy, and fly safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986