3DR Contract

Hey Thanks for this news! Does indeed sound more promising than other news and comments I have read here and elsewhere.

I'm new here. This being my first post (guess I should see if there is an introduce yourself thread), and I just pulled the trigger last week on what seemed like a good deal (copter/gimbal/backpack for $599). I did so without a lot of research into where 3dr is going/recently been (I did/do know about SiteScan and find it intriguing). My main reason was I have experience with the PixHawk and generally like the ideas behind what has motivated 3dr.

This news is helpful (and hopefully more like it is coming) and will go into the mix to help me decide if I want to unbox and fly or sell the kit as-new. I also have an Inspire, but was looking for something a little more portable and not so hindered by what DJI thinks you should do with my machine. Perhaps, Solo/3dr is a good way to go after all... at least for a little while :)

Hey Thanks for this news! Does indeed sound more promising than other news and comments I have read here and elsewhere.

I'm new here... ...was looking for something a little more portable and not so hindered by what DJI thinks you should do with my machine. Perhaps, Solo/3dr is a good way to go after all... at least for a little while :)
Welcome. Good way to go, unless you want to fly from a boat. DJI thinks they've got that down - 3DR, not so much.

Welcome. Good way to go, unless you want to fly from a boat. DJI thinks they've got that down - 3DR, not so much.

Thanks SARDG for the encouragement! Though, hand launching and landing are of interest... but after reading some of the issues that seem to be associated with moving Solo after (or certainly during) initialization, I am inclined to agree with your boat launch tip. I can confirm that DJI FCs do seem to handle jostling around before launch quite well, course I could have just been lucky too.

With the big PixHawk hex that we flew for while, we certainly did not move it around until we were certain all systems were go. Then there is the reality that this tech is not fully developed yet and can probably still be considered in its nascent stages... so, all us early adopters I guess have to be comfy with a little bit of risk eh? Afterall, what $599 buys now, could have not gotten us anywhere near the same capabilities 24 months ago... can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into keeping the new toy? Hope the same arguments work on my wife who doesn't know I bought it yet :[]

3DR got the contract because it is an American company while DJI is a Chinese company. Monetary and espionage concerns would preclude DJI from getting the contract.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela