3dr camera pitch control in autonomous mode with tower.

Reaction score
hi,

This is my first post - yay. Actually its my third post, posted it twice by accident in the wrong forum, and don't know how to delete them now. Anyway, had my 3dr for a couple of weeks, and it's the best toy EVER! I've been using Tower for some autonomous missions, and have a question....

If I send my 3dr on a autonomous mission, (bare in mind I've already changed the parameter to carry on with the mission when out of range of controller) how can I change the camera gimbal pitch in Tower during a mission, when out of range of the controller?

Thanks

C33fax

Welcome,
When out of range, there isn't anyway you can "Update or Change" setting to Solo From Controller.

autonomously, from ether Tower or via the Solo App. you can have the "pitch" setting as you wish.
In Tower, there is a setting that will allow Solo to continue it's Mission, even after "Out of range" communications with the controller "No RTH" continue until Mission complete"

Find this setting via search. be careful using this setting, as it will be the default setting until you change it back in Tower, Even using just the Solo app, this setting stays default.

Hope this helps.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish the closest approach to what you asked may be to set up a string of WPs and ROIs. The pitch will change with the ROI height setting, but not to a set angle.

Also the Solo will yaw to keep that ROI centered until the next ROI point. So you can't get a continuous sweeping view with a set pitch but you can get different pitches during the mission just not with much exact control. This approach may not work for what you are after.

Reactions: nexxypoo
Thanks for your replies. Never thought of using the ROI to control the camera pitch. So if I had a ROI right underneath a way point and set to zero hight then the camera should point directly down ???

hi,

This is my first post - yay. Actually its my third post, posted it twice by accident in the wrong forum, and don't know how to delete them now. Anyway, had my 3dr for a couple of weeks, and it's the best toy EVER! I've been using Tower for some autonomous missions, and have a question....

If I send my 3dr on a autonomous mission, (bare in mind I've already changed the parameter to carry on with the mission when out of range of controller) how can I change the camera gimbal pitch in Tower during a mission, when out of range of the controller?

Thanks

C33fax
I thought changing that parameter to carry on with mission (if connection to controller is lost) only applies when it autonomous mode. Hmm glad you mentioned that, I'll put the parameter back to default once done with my cool missions.

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. Never thought of using the ROI to control the camera pitch. So if I had a ROI right underneath a way point and set to zero hight then the camera should point directly down ???
Should with zero height on the ROI not the WP!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo