3.97mm peau

you need the one with an IR Cut filter
also if you got the lens and installed yourself the profile will be pink in corners

Reactions: Benzo
you should have ordered with the option below. if you did not order visible light IRCUT then that is causing the pink.
upload_2016-6-26_8-31-56.png

if you got the right lens it should not be pink like that
to fix it you would need to talk with Peau
Not even sure adding a filter after the fact is going to help

Reactions: Toiletbowl
I just ordered mine and the filter pack. I have heard mixed opinions on whether the software change is necessary and wanted to try it without altering software first by using filters. I did order the IR cut and am curious if you found it necessary to do the software change.

I just ordered mine and the filter pack. I have heard mixed opinions on whether the software change is necessary and wanted to try it without altering software first by using filters. I did order the IR cut and am curious if you found it necessary to do the software change.
But just ordered your what? If you ordered the lens for self-install, then you allegedly need the software fix. If Peau sells you the GP with lens installed, I believe they do the software upgrade.

You're going to wish you just spend the extra $50 and had it removed. You will never be able to remove it all during post, and it gets even worse/more prominent if you are stitching photos together. You are going to spend many more hours wasting time tweaking things to get them right, and it never will be perfect. $50 is cheap to avoid all of that. I don't know how much your time is worth to you.

The best option is to have Peau actually remove it themselves during the time of lens replacement. People using the software fix (instead of peau removing) have had a lot of problems, frustration, and many attempts before it works.

You're going to wish you just spend the extra $50 and had it removed. You will never be able to remove it all during post, and it gets even worse/more prominent if you are stitching photos together. You are going to spend many more hours wasting time tweaking things to get them right, and it never will be perfect. $50 is cheap to avoid all of that. I don't know how much your time is worth to you.

The best option is to have Peau actually remove it themselves during the time of lens replacement. People using the software fix (instead of peau removing) have had a lot of problems, frustration, and many attempts before it works.
Ok, that is what I wondered about. I am doing it myself since they put out such a good video telling you how to. I didn't want to be without the camera for the time needed to send it both ways. I have heard conflicting views though on whether or not the pink can be removed or overcome by using filters. I will most likely still try it out without spending the $50 and just using filters. If I feel I need it I will spend the money on the change but it just seems overpriced and I would rather not have to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44