2nd time flying at the park

Reaction score
only 2nd time I've had my Solo in the air. Getting the hang of it pretty quick. Still lots to learn though. The vignetting is from the polarizing filter/shade not being seated fully on the lens.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice job.

If you didn't, I suggest switching to FLY Manual when operating near and under trees.

1) Trees and obstacles even as small as the ones you are flying through can disrupt GPS with Solo, leading either to a temporary loss of GPS or GPS positioning errors.

2) GPS positioning errors can cause Solo to fly aggressively (resisting attempts to control it) in one direction for several meters or further. Solo can also display this behavior without any interfering obstacle.

3) If you are near obstacles or trees when Solo flies off rapidly and unexpectedly, there is an increased likelihood of a crash.

4) 3DR is not going to be inclined to replace your product under that circumstance because their guidelines for safe flight were not followed. You can find articles discussing this in my signature.

Practice flying in Manual mode. Solo will drift with wind and in the direction of its own momentum in this mode, so unless you have good skill in flying without GPS you still risk crashing when flying in close. You will have baro to assist in keeping your height steady, but you have to be careful for sudden changes in height due to barometric pressure differences near ground level.

Always be ready to hit the Pause button. Things can go bad in fractions of a second.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea