2017 REXUAV PURE Silver 3DR Solo ULTIMATE Range Antenna/Booster Kit

Reaction score
REXUAV | HOME
Hey guys recently purchased this waiting for it to arrive wondering if anyone here is using it and how far you've got with it.

Got about 350m distance 123m altitude in a low wifi congested area before GoPro lost signal with stock setup.

With MicroTik upgrade to both Solo and Controller I got 510 meters Alt 125m before GoPro lost vision.

Changed to these antennas as i snapped the originals - Stuck em on its front & bum D:585 A: 123
2.4GHz Antenna - Adhesive (U.FL Connector) - WRL-11320 - SparkFun Electronics
16195221_1846506162263910_4875211492112486849_n.jpg

16299999_1846505375597322_766439414520569332_o.jpg

16143554_1846505362263990_8484602443890386076_o.jpg

Moved the front one down to the leg and got D:656m A:125m

Thinking of trying this as another member here is doing
VAS - 2.3/2.4 GHz Mad Mushroom Antenna RHCP [MM-2400] - $23.95 : Ready Made RC LLC, The Leader in All Things FPV, RC, and Beyond
16142512_1846505428930650_4142700352675095619_n.jpg

Or this
VAS - 2.3/2.4 GHz Sky Hammer Antenna RHCP [SH-2400] - $54.95 : Ready Made RC LLC, The Leader in All Things FPV, RC, and Beyond
16266279_1846505475597312_1136661468194988861_n.jpg

Anyone know if this will work?

cheers

Last edited:
Right click or long press image to copy image address. Click little mountain icon next to smiley in post editor and then paste address... Click insert...Voila!

Sticking an antenna on the front face and rear face will be WORSE, not better. I suggest undoing that before flying. The stock antennas are in the legs for a reason. They BOTH need to be clear and unobstructed. Both antennas are used simultaneously for WiFi N (MiMo) to work properly. You've just made it so only one or no antennas have are clear and unobstructed.

Cloverleaf antennas on the legs would likely be an improvement. Especially if you also put cloverleafs on the controller.

Reactions: 3DRnoob and Donell
Sticking an antenna on the front face and rear face will be WORSE, not better. I suggest undoing that before flying. The stock antennas are in the legs for a reason. They BOTH need to be clear and unobstructed. Both antennas are used simultaneously for WiFi N (MiMo) to work properly. You've just made it so only one or no antennas have are clear and unobstructed.

Cloverleaf antennas on the legs would likely be an improvement. Especially if you also put cloverleafs on the controller.

Yeah i moved one down to the leg and got twice the range 650m+. Moved the other down to the other leg still have range but now no video feed past 150m.

Want to play around with them more but they are so brittle and the wire easily breaks from the board if you go to move / unstick them.

Need to sort out the solo antenna issue before i put the booster REXUAV kit on.

All these antenna mods are safety hazards for newbies. Newbie would mess up the electronic while opening the radio shell or connecting the wires or orienting the antenna, too much risks for unsustainable claims in addition to wasting money.

Cloverleaf antennas on the legs would likely be an improvement. Especially if you also put cloverleafs on the controller.[/QUOTE]

Ive got this REXUAV kit coming for the controller - what would you recommend antenna wise for the solo to really maximise the range - thanks

All these antenna mods are safety hazards for newbies. Newbie would mess up the electronic while opening the radio shell or connecting the wires or orienting the antenna, too much risks for unsustainable claims in addition to wasting money.
For absolute 1st timers like me who didn't even own a screw driver set, yes. But after opening solo a few times its not that hard, just be gentle. I've ordered a new one and luckily sold my old one for $50 less than a new one :)
I'll be putting this REXUAV 2017 kit with Microtiks in both solo and controller onto the new one and do a range test.

i hit 900M with just the alfa. that was far enough to be honest. you lose the drone visually if you don't keep looking at it past 700M. If i flew anything past that, A. it would be illegal and B. i would do it with Tower or Mission Planner.

For absolute 1st timers like me who didn't even own a screw driver set, yes. But after opening solo a few times its not that hard, just be gentle. I've ordered a new one and luckily sold my old one for $50 less than a new one :)
I'll be putting this REXUAV 2017 kit with Microtiks in both solo and controller onto the new one and do a range test.
Another safety issue I hope you have considered before you send your quad out if sight. Do you know to steer your quad back without Rth? Can you determine the quad orientation at long distance?

For those using auto land or counting on Rth, have you checked your home point before you launch the quad?

With the recent BestBuy sales, there are a lot of new owners. Many are experienced owners but many more are first time quad owners who have zero flying experience. Imaging what kind of damage they will do when they do this type of mod. Just look at the forum postings, do you see the number of lost quad increases after Solo fire sales.

"Can you determine the quad orientation at long distance?"

Where I'm flying fpv yes in my own backyard so to speak, but in an unfamiliar setting that's an excellent point say if you lost gps (which happened recently - luck it was LOS)

"For those using auto land or counting on Rth, have you checked your home point before you launch the quad?"

How do you check the home point - do you mean wait till you have sat lock rather than just fly away - if so yes.

"Imaging what kind of damage they will do when they do this type of mod. Just look at the forum postings, do you see the number of lost quad increases after Solo fire sales"

I agree there needs to be a certain element of care - Im flying this over a very large empty paddock and am just curious as many other on here what would be the maximum range with this kit and various other antenna mods but agree with your concerns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela