2 drones, 7 batteries, upgrades, props, gopro, etc.

Reaction score
Bare with me, there's a lot here. If you just want an inventory list, here it is:

• 1 Brand new 3DR Solo in the box, I will open, update, and test to make sure it's fully functional.
  • 1 3DR Solo with the WiFi upgrades in the drone and the controller as well as the paddle antennae on the controller. I've taken it out over 6000'.
  • 2 complete sets (8 total) of Master Airscrew props, new in box.
  • 2 battery chargers
  • 7 batteries
  • 1 gimbal (new, installed on modded Solo)
  • 1 non-functioning gimbal (light on back blinks, assume dead)
  • 1 GoPro Hero 4 black w/ 64GB card

Full disclosure:

• I've had my original Solo since the beginning of the year and have flown it dozens of times. I flew it in my front yard and it lost connection and came down on my roof, twice. The Solo itself is unharmed and looks just fine, but my original gimbal broke. I was able to, with the help of this community, track it down to an interference issue caused by a power transformer infront of my house. After the crash my gimbal stopped working. The light on the back of it just blinks like it failed to update.

• I bought my 2nd Solo from B&H this past week so I could have a backup/replacement and also so I could get a new gimbal. Installed the gimbal and it works perfectly.

• I will ship them in the original boxes (I have all my original everything).

• I have always followed recommended procedures for storing the batteries when not using the drone as well.

• The GoPro Hero4 Black was purchased used on eBay and works perfectly. Battery works great and I've never had an issue with it.

I really love this drone, but I am finding myself wanting simplicity and portability more and I care less about being able to fly fast and in strong winds so I'm looking to get a Mavic Pro. Before spending another grand on a Mavic, I figured I'd see if I can sell my Solo stuff and just go down to a single drone.

I don't know what a fair price is, but I'm not looking to be greedy. I was thinking $1,200 shipped and insured.

Bare with me, there's a lot here. If you just want an inventory list, here it is:

• 1 Brand new 3DR Solo in the box, I will open, update, and test to make sure it's fully functional.
  • 1 3DR Solo with the WiFi upgrades in the drone and the controller as well as the paddle antennae on the controller. I've taken it out over 6000'.
  • 2 complete sets (8 total) of Master Airscrew props, new in box.
  • 2 battery chargers
  • 7 batteries
  • 1 gimbal (new, installed on modded Solo)
  • 1 non-functioning gimbal (light on back blinks, assume dead)
  • 1 GoPro Hero 4 black w/ 64GB card

Full disclosure:

• I've had my original Solo since the beginning of the year and have flown it dozens of times. I flew it in my front yard and it lost connection and came down on my roof, twice. The Solo itself is unharmed and looks just fine, but my original gimbal broke. I was able to, with the help of this community, track it down to an interference issue caused by a power transformer infront of my house. After the crash my gimbal stopped working. The light on the back of it just blinks like it failed to update.

• I bought my 2nd Solo from B&H this past week so I could have a backup/replacement and also so I could get a new gimbal. Installed the gimbal and it works perfectly.

• I will ship them in the original boxes (I have all my original everything).

• I have always followed recommended procedures for storing the batteries when not using the drone as well.

• The GoPro Hero4 Black was purchased used on eBay and works perfectly. Battery works great and I've never had an issue with it.

I really love this drone, but I am finding myself wanting simplicity and portability more and I care less about being able to fly fast and in strong winds so I'm looking to get a Mavic Pro. Before spending another grand on a Mavic, I figured I'd see if I can sell my Solo stuff and just go down to a single drone.

I don't know what a fair price is, but I'm not looking to be greedy. I was thinking $1,200 shipped and insured.
Greg, this isn't me pooping on your thread but I returned my second unit to B&H after three weeks for a refund without issue. Also, they sell the Mavic so an exchange could be worked out as well. They sent me the return shipping label. Just a suggestion. No use taking a loss when you don't have to.

Appreciate the info. I may go that route if I don't find any takers.

Hi, Steve from New Zealand. Would you be intersted in selling 2x batteries and shipping to New Zealand via DHL or FedEx? It's been very difficult to find or import batteries here :/ would be happy to pay an agreed upon packaging fee etc. Cheers!

Hi Steve,

I appreciate the interest. I'd be willing to split up the two drones, but not the batteries.

I'm dropping this to "make me an offer".

I have pulled out the brand new Solo and updated it and made sure it gets GPS and flys to ensure that it is not DOA from the factory like so many are.

So make me an offer. Come one come all.

Sale is still not completed. Camera and various other parts were not in original package and still have not appeared on my doorstep.

Greg, if you're out here, let's finish this up...

I'm supposed to receive the box with the remaining bits and pieces tomorrow. We'll see.

He never did send the rest of the parts. Claimed to have sent a box of parts, nothing ever showed. Did finally PayPal me the funds to buy a used camera, which PayPal promptly deducted a fee from, so I STILL ended up paying something out of my own pocket for a camera that was supposed to be included .

Sigh. Caveat Emptor, indeed.

He never did send the rest of the parts. Claimed to have sent a box of parts, nothing ever showed. Did finally PayPal me the funds to buy a used camera, which PayPal promptly deducted a fee from, so I STILL ended up paying something out of my own pocket for a camera that was supposed to be included .

Sigh. Caveat Emptor, indeed.

I feel ya brother ! Sometimes you just gotta wash your hands of it and move on...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela