2.5 mile Range Extender

Ok so I think I saw in another thread that fpvlr solo basic kit comes with some mounting hardware now since a certain date, just confirming if I'll need anything else.

Wanted to also add thanks a lot fpvlr for your explanation early on about getting defensive. Honestly was thrown off at first myself reading through the thread but after dealing with folks trolling on rcg constantly bashing solo in the solo owners thread for a while I totally understand, especially when this is your product not one you purchased. Some people just have too much time on their hands I guess, I don't get it but it does make me question using reviews unless purchase is verified in the future more.

That said back to the topic I plan to purchase this kit from you guys this evening is their a wait or back order or are they shipping when ordered now.

Thanks
Andrew

Thanks Tony. As I said this is out of my pay scale as I have not dealt much with CP.

I agree about test by end users. That is what will determine how well the antenna works. Pointing is critical and takes practice.

Took my Solo out this AM for the first real flight. Yesterday I only hovered around the yard.

3250' stock.So not bad.

I just flew mine 4200'.

Aircraft pitch makes a big difference.

I am going to try to make a mile.

Hey Fpvlr thanks I received my solo basic kit in record time just didn't have a chance to post. It came Friday after I believe I ordered Wednesday and I haven't got a true range test yet since honestly I fly more Los but it does do precisely what I'd hoped.

My property is surrounded by woods and there is some congestion here not a lot but I seemed to quickly find myself down to 2 bars even with a 2 or better hdop and plenty of sats with stock antennas here for whatever reason even a couple hundred feet away. I know these bars seem to be a bit inaccurate and could go farther, but with your kit here at home I've yet to drop below three at much farther distances and I got out to a fairly open area and had at least three remaining bars and good Rssi at well over 1000 feet out and up about 300ft, this was about all I could safely do with with confidence due to solo issues I've seen posted from others so I'll wait till I'm a bit more confident to test range. Eventually I'll do some testing when I get to a safe place to do so but for now just wanted to say you've solved the one issue I've had so far with my solo since a good amount of my flying is near my home for now since bringing three kids out every day to fly other places isn't always an option.

Great well made design which seems to at least in my case keep the trees nearby and rf congestion from effecting my signal nearly as much as the stock setup. Sorry I can't attest to incredibly long range just yet but I can say they definitley improved my signal in each area I've flown so far and also look and mount well enough to seem like they are supposed to be there. Meaning your new sleek controller doesn't look like a science experiment.

I see your other quads boosted kits if I'd decide to fly more fpv down the line have these been tested with solo much yet or is the focus still on the basic kit so far.

Thanks again
Andrew

so it looks like a solo went 2 miles BONE STOCK in very very low rf environment.
There is a HUGE difference on this bird between noisy and low noise environment, never seen this on the other drones, it's either 600ft or 2 miles.... that's too much of a discrepancy

Mine gets 500 feet but I live in a congested wifi environment

Is there a meter or something to test the rf environment level? Thanks
WiFi Analyser on Android works really well. Same guy makes it for IOS, but (because Apple ddoesn't let you at the values) you have to jailbreak the device...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela