2.5 mile Range Extender

LOL, Erik I detect a little sarcasm :)

I am thinking there are zero videos online for the solo and his kit.

I was referring to one of those other 10,000 customers he mentioned. There must be something. Some kinda link or video or review.

Are you talking about any of his products or the Solo?

Are you talking about any of his products or the Solo?
He said above that he's got 10,000 customers of the half sphere helical and that should be all the assurance anyone needs.

What harm would a couple relevant links have been? I'm just having some fun with it.

He said above that he's got 10,000 customers of the half sphere helical and that should be all the assurance anyone needs.

What harm would a couple relevant links have been? I'm just having some fun with it.

Yea all good fun :)

A link would only be fair ;)

Why don't you guys search instead of being sarcastic.

What's with the serious attitude?? Who exactly are "you guys"? I asked a legitimate question about actual numbers on the SOLO not the P2v or the Inspire. Still haven't gotten an answer but the way you come in guns blazing at us here really doesn't make sense and is turning me off from your product....:confused:

Reactions: Raybro
I don't do sarcasm so, I'll look elsewhere for a range extender when I need one.

Thanks
I agree 100%. Not sure why he feels the need to talk to members here like we're little kids tugging on his coat?! I'm not interested anymore. Maybe some of the 10K users are that happy that they'll accept the BS attitude but I'm a grown man and would like to be talked to like one. No sarcasm here, just fact!

Reactions: Raybro
What's with the serious attitude?? Who exactly are "you guys"? I asked a legitimate question about actual numbers on the SOLO not the P2v or the Inspire. Still haven't gotten an answer but the way you come in guns blazing at us here really doesn't make sense and is turning me off from your product....:confused:

Whoa. Everybody I started this and I was just trying to have a little fun. FPVLR seems to have taken it all in stride and posted plenty of links for those of us to lazy to google. Besides, it's too early in the morning to get pissed at anyone.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
and here's the world record for P2V+ which we hold above any other manufacturer. This is just testament of the capabilities, if anyone doubts them. 7 miles + 7 miles back.
I helped this customer with a battery mod to get more flight time as well as some custom solutions and antennas

What's your thought on installing pinwheel/clover leaf antennas on the bird itself? I know sometimes going out at distance that a simple turn of the aircraft can cause a disconnect.

20141125_192451_resized[1].jpg FPVLR (Tony), his products are TOP Shelf, I have been running his stage two for almost a year on P2V3 with excellent results.

Reactions: Bren and GoodnNuff
It was not my intention to offend anyone, if I did , I do apologize. It seems that for some reason, all I receive of late are attacks and confrontations. People used to be nice but it's been a few months that I get a lot of bad vibes from the itelite/dbs customers, so maybe this makes me act a bit more defensively. I am really sorry if I did hurt someone's feelings.
Take care guys!
I appreciate that. I know I don't need to give a lesson I economics and consumerism BUT if it keeps you awake at night it's good for me, :p I had the itelite/dbs on my P2v+ and had good results. I have always wanted to try FPVLR but just couldn't bring myself to spend the big bucks even though the high quality of your systems is obvious.
Whoa. Everybody I started this and I was just trying to have a little fun. FPVLR seems to have taken it all in stride and posted plenty of links for those of us to lazy to google. Besides, it's too early in the morning to get pissed at anyone.
Ahhh....So you guys were standing around the keg kicking each other in the nutz like frat boys.:D LOL! I don't think I was the only one who missed that. Sorry! ;)

The FPVLR helical range extender is advertised as 9dB gain, is that correct?

Gain is nothing if you mention it alone, there is also efficiency and type of polarization.

This is true except I think efficiency is removed from the actual gain. But polarization does make a huge difference. Very true.

Thanks for adding that.

That does sound impressive. So then that would be something like "It is a 9dBi, High Efficiency,2.4Ghz, Circular Polarized, hand tuned, half sphere helix antenna". Is that a more accurate description? There is a lot to antennas to be sure. I have a pretty good engineering and math education (a while back) and easily got lost in the equations to calculate gain, etc. Im sure you know what Im talking about. lol. So, bottom line,,it's a fantastic 9dBi antenna!

Hi Rich, Just curious.. I thought the TX and Rx antennas needed to be of the same polarization? The Solo controller ships with linear, correct? I would assume that the Tx on the Solo is also linear? If so, why circular on the Rx, or does it matter?
Thanks..

Hi folks, first time poster. Read this thread and had a question. I thought I read on the 3DR site somewhere that if we add third party hardware or software, that is not official Solo designed per the warranty, are we voiding the (return/replace) warranty by adding these third party improvements? Thanks

Hi Rich, Just curious.. I thought the TX and Rx antennas needed to be of the same polarization? The Solo controller ships with linear, correct? I would assume that the Tx on the Solo is also linear? If so, why circular on the Rx, or does it matter?
Thanks..

I dont have the solo so dont know whats on the bird for antenna but I know the antennas on the controller are just dipoles.

Beyond that I know they made a Solo go 2.5 miles ( I assume this is ideal) with the ITELITE panel.

Thats about all I know at this point :)

IF a LP signal that is vertically polarized and bounces 1 time or 2 times, it can come back horizontally polarized or at any angle between vertical and horizontal. While the CP on the ground is able to receive that signal with onl 3dB attenuation, the vertical polarized antennas on the ground would incur a 27dB loss if the signal is horizontal and less than that if it's at a different angle. This seems to work very well with MIMO, most people report a smoother video feed with less freezes . This has been documented on P2V+, Yuneec Q500, Inspire 1, and P3... The Solo will be no different.

Tony, do signals really bounce on this kind of communication? I have no experience with this kind of use.

I know with my amateur radio stuff circular polarization is used in satellite because when it bounced off ionosphere it really doesn't end up the same polarization when it reaches the intended receiver anyway.

This does not seem like it would apply.

As far as I am concerned it really does not matter what kind of antenna they are. If X company gets 2 miles and Z company gets 1.5 miles then you can buy based on that. What they use really doesn't matter.

My criteria is going to be distance achieved, how forgiving (beamwidth) the antenna is to point and how well the antenna connects, points, etc.

Regardless, I am confident a circular antenna does work as my V+ is proof of that. 10,000 feet with no boosters on that platform is pretty good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela