2.5 mile Range Extender

Right! I want my Solo first, then the gimbal will ship later....then maybe the range extender. I will probably want it if I am going to use Tower with the Solo.

Reactions: saiabl
At least 1/2 of that. The comparable Itelite antenna is less than $100, more like $60. plus a few items. Oh well,..lol. What it "Tower"??

Less than 1/2 that. The P3 kit is about $100. I heard rumors that Itelite was thinking about a really nice mount setup so was adding for that. Regardless it is less than half.

Notice it has external battery back too.

Tower is 3drobotics mission program. You can download it now and play with it.

Last edited:
Autonomous waypoint flying. Plot your waypoints on a map, send it to the Bird and away it goes. It's called Ground Station for my Phantom and I really like using it.

Does anyone know if DroidPlanner works with the Solo, or are we limited to Tower? If Tower is the only mission planner compatible with the Solo, have they fixed the bugs that were affecting the Iris+?

Last edited:
i can't even see that far let alone fly the solo that distance.
i thought DBS was going to put a hold on his until he sees how many solo are sold.

Less than 1/2 that. The P3 kit is about $100. I heard rumors that Itelite was thinking about a really nice mount setup so was adding for that. Regardless it is less than half.

Notice it has external battery back too.

Tower is 3drobotics mission program. You can download it now and play with it.
Where do you get tower? I don't see it in the iOS App Store.

I don't use iOS so don't know but its in the Google Play store.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

I think DBS has better thought out kits but they are by design more compact and only go about 80% of the range.

Tony at FPVLR has a great performance product but his stuff does not travel well. He leaves it to you to tape/velcro/strap his stuff to your controller. I don't like that.

The DBS/Itelite panel on a Solo went 2 1/2 miles which I would be more than happy with.

And I saw Chuck "DBS" fly the Phantom with his panel sideways to the aircraft. So its not so sensitive to pointing.

So both have their place I guess. But I will be personally sporting a DBS panel myself if he releases them soon.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

I think DBS has better thought out kits but they are by design more compact and only go about 80% of the range.

Tony at FPVLR has a great performance product but his stuff does not travel well. He leaves it to you to tape/velcro/strap his stuff to your controller. I don't like that.

The DBS/Itelite panel on a Solo went 2 1/2 miles which I would be more than happy with.

And I saw Chuck "DBS" fly the Phantom with his panel sideways to the aircraft. So its not so sensitive to pointing.

So both have their place I guess. But I will be personally sporting a DBS panel myself if he releases them soon.
Great info, thanks.

Does anyone know if DroidPlanner works with the Solo, or are we limited to Tower? If Tower is the only mission planner compatible with the Solo, have they fixed the bugs that were affecting the Iris+?
Tower is DroidPlanner 3.0. They just changed the name for the latest version. I use it with my Iris+ regularly with no issues. Not sure what bugs you are referring to. It works well for me.

I don't like the $399 price tag nor the fact that they are only selling it to people who have purchased their solo from them. Way to go DSLR Pro's, it's a really dumb decision especially since people are starting to get their solo's in hand from other places before DSLR Pro's is delivering them.

I don't like the $399 price tag nor the fact that they are only selling it to people who have purchased their solo from them. Way to go DSLR Pro's, it's a really dumb decision especially since people are starting to get their solo's in hand from other places before DSLR Pro's is delivering them.
Right, I am on their waiting list. I think in the very near future we will see lots of mods coming from all directions. I guess they wanted to jump out their first to snag that $399 first. It would be nice to have but there will be some much cheaper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela