107 Kicking my butt (solved)

I'm sure it won't be too difficult, I just want to retain enough that I can get quizzed at any time.

I think the key is going to be staying disciplined once you pass
building that routine and checklist with robust logging
I feel like if I get a good plan in place the repetition will help me stay sharp

At what point does one need to consider taking the 107? I assume that this is for folks that are using a drone for professional purposes.

Dan

Though It's arguable, it's grey, there are other instances where one must have a 107. Please correct me if I'm off here guys.

If you're flying for "other than recreational" purposes, you must have a 107.
I'm registered with Air Bears, if I get the call to go assist the local authorities in some SAR on a volunteer, good citizen basis, technically I'm supposed to be 107 qual'd. If I go and voluntarily assist a local university in some environmental labs, technically I must be 107 qual'd.

Furthermore, if you fly for recreation or hobby purposes, but in a way that is not in accordance with the FAA's *Interperetation * of Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Public Law 112-95 Section 336), you must have a 107. Example, if I wanna go fly my fixed wing FPV birds out along the beach with goggles on, I technically need to have a 107 (lots more points of argument/discussion here).

the regs are actually fairly clear.
Read the free section on operations and regulations on 3Drs 107 resources.
And yes you can pass with a 70, but is that the goal? to just squeak by?
Its been under a month since I posted that this was all kicking my butt
Well
I purchased the pilot101 course and that got me through the initial learning curve quite fast.
Now I'm using Prepware to practice test. My last run I got 59 out of 60 correct.
I plan to go ahead and schedule my test next week.
But I don't just want to squeak by. Since the 107 appears to be the first step that will differentiate between the hobby flier and someone who is recognized as a certified operator I plan to go beyond passing the test.
I have to admit, learning all of this has opened my eyes quite a bit on how our air space works. and while I agree that 90% of people operating consumer drones will never be a threat to manned aircraft, I do see lots of case where people are doing dangerous things, and are not even aware of the threats

You are so inspiring!

Personally, after getting into trouble as a teen in the '80's, I'm more worried about failing the TSA screening...

rut ro
Yeah there is that.
But I would give it a go, there is already talk that 107 is going to be expanded. And with the drone industry taking off literally, qualified sUAV pilots will be in high demand. Especially good ones with a resume of work and clean flying record

wording was odd on some of the questions compared to prepware
but my score was about the same
that 5 dollar prepware mobile app is really the bomb

Been away from the forum, but logged in to see if Pyrate got his part 107 and am stoked-90 is an awesome achievement! Congrats!

Reactions: pyrate
Thank you!
got my temp certificate, and work has started on my official website
Got in my new GX85 which will be the camera I fly on my big X8 if I can sort out the gimbal
Progress slow and steady

Reactions: Bret
Thank you!
got my temp certificate, and work has started on my official website
Got in my new GX85 which will be the camera I fly on my big X8 if I can sort out the gimbal
Progress slow and steady

Congratulations, sir!!!! Keep us posted on your progress. I am still trying to figure out how/where to start on building my little sideline business. Any tips, please let me know!

Well first step is get your 107
then decide how you are going to market your services, I plan to use website and facebook
craft your skill and build up a portfolio.

Reactions: Bret

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000