100% User Error Crash Video

Reaction score
I am posting this short video for entertainment. I am the only one to blame for this crash. I got a little over confident with my flying skills last weekend and had a little mishap. Just before this recording, I successfully made a run through the same branches. Once I realized the GoPro wasn't recording, I just had to try it again. Apparently, there was a small limb which I avoided the first time but did not see either time until it made it's presence known. Only lost 4 props on the crash . Then .. well... You'll see.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a similar environment in the nature preserve surrounding my house. I bought the Polar Pro blade guards for just such use..weaving and bobbing around in the preserve. :)
Hopefully I won't have a branch or tree jump out and grab a leg or anything..;)

Looks just like my one acre! Those dead twigs are hard to see, and occasional vines too! What happened to the lcd screen at the end?

The LCD got cracked when I stepped on it which you can hear the crunch towards the end of the video. This would have been a much more fortunate mishap if not for the mistep.

I was not flying in Manual although up to the point of the little tree limb breaking a prop it may as well have been .

It was around 55 feet up based on my previous run through . I might have had a chance to recover before smashing into the ground, but the very first contact with the limb broke the back right prop. You can see the limb flying by just before solo plummets to the earth . I'm kinda surprised it didn't result in more damage. This experience definitely puts it in perspective how powerful the motors are . Just the power of the prop making contact caused a dramatic change of direction .

Reactions: Maddog
The LCD got cracked when I stepped on it which you can hear the crunch towards the end of the video. This would have been a much more fortunate mishap if not for the mistep.

I was not flying in Manual although up to the point of the little tree limb breaking a prop it may as well have been .

It was around 55 feet up based on my previous run through . I might have had a chance to recover before smashing into the ground, but the very first contact with the limb broke the back right prop. You can see the limb flying by just before solo plummets to the earth . I'm kinda surprised it didn't result in more damage. This experience definitely puts it in perspective how powerful the motors are . Just the power of the prop making contact caused a dramatic change of direction .
Just like a helicopter, they are inherently unstable and are constantly trying to crash.o_O

How did you step on it ??? You just didnt see it lying on the ground ???? Not sure what to make of that......just a freak accident stepping on it....did you lose your balance & step on it.......??? Just curious.....

I will post the video when I shorten it, but I have flown "through" two tress simultaneously at about 35 mph with only minor scratches to the Solo body and the MAS props. After going through the limbs & branches of the trees, Solo hovered & was waiting on its next command. If I had the stock props on during this, Solo would have crashed to the ground. Still don't think it would have hurt. Solo is built like a tank. This particular Solo has been in numerous crashes w/only one major. I was able to repair the cracked shell on that one. Didn't need to use the replacement shell, yet.

Bilge. Just now seeing your post. To answer your question : The ground was covered with ivy. I could not see the go pro at all. It's hard to imagine that from the video because the lense had a clear shot up the hill. Perhaps the biggest factor is I didn't expect it to be 20 feet away from the solo, but it took a good roll. It took me 30 minutes to find one of the led covers that was only a few feet from impact . It snapped right back on though .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea