1/12/2017 - $299 sale (Solo, battery, props, gimbal) is back on

Included the wrong link in above post - works now.

Thanks for the tip! Saved me $25
I did 3 separate purchases - Solo bundle, 3 batteries and 2 batteries + gimbal. All exceeded the $100 minimum to qualify for the VISA checkout bonus $25 discount so collectively I saved $75 on about $525 purchases.

I am done with any further Solo purchases. I will have spent a little more than $875 for equipment that originally listed for over $4500.

Picked up my 299.00 solo, came in the backpack with the gimbal installed, one battery, two sets of props and the rest of the goodies. When looking at bestbuy ads look at all the solo ads I've seen multiple versions of this 299.00 bundle all at the same time, also battery's at 34.99
Since the gimbal was already installed did it also come with the standard gopro mount?

Those Solos with the pre-installed gimbal do not come with the static GoPro mount.
Correct... and if you look around to purchase one later they are ~$40 - as much as a current gimbal. Though there is a 3D printer file out there.

The best bet, if there is a purchase choice, would be to get the Solo package without the pre-installed gimbal and install it yourself. That way you have it all. :)

Reactions: Solo Keith
The Best Buy backpack bundle is now showing as sold out. We've seen them jack the price up and down and make them available locally and not but they have never shown as sold out. May be at the end of available stock.

If im not mistaken, I think the last Best Buy 3DR solo backpack bundle came with 2 gimbals for $299

If im not mistaken, I think the last Best Buy 3DR solo backpack bundle came with 2 gimbals for $299

Mine arrived today. Received a gimbal as a separate shipment as well. Box also says four replacement tall feet, haven't seen mention of that anywhere. Are those the tips they later sent out or something different? Won't be able to open it until this evening to know for certain. Also says 8 props, saw previous mention of only 6 props with the back pack kit.

Mine arrived today. Received a gimbal as a separate shipment as well. Box also says four replacement tall feet, haven't seen mention of that anywhere. Are those the tips they later sent out or something different? Won't be able to open it until this evening to know for certain. Also says 8 props, saw previous mention of only 6 props with the back pack kit.
Tall feet are in the gimbal box.

In my two I found the tall feet in the prop box. Maybe it is different in the backpack bundle packaging, my two were not backpack bundles.

Actually might be different for the preinstalled gimbal packages. I should have mentioned my gimbal was a seperate item. It had the weights and feet in a small black box. makes sense, both are for the gimbal.

Finally got to open the box. It was packaged differently compared to what i've seen in the unboxing videos. Both A/C adapters were bagged, not boxed. There was a cover with a setup card in a pocket. As stated the extended feet were in the gimbal box, didn't know exactly what they meant by 'tall feet'. The extra gimbal doesn't come with the feet. don't know what the point of the extra gimbal was but I recon if I destroy the original I'll have it.

It has the Rev B GPS but there are NO circles on the s/n label S11A5B06xxx

Really like the backpack, glad I got lucky & went that route

Going to charge everything up and do the software check next.

Purchased an extra NOS battery off of an eBay seller but it's grave yard dead, won't take a charge, no indicators light on or off the charger. Waiting to hear back from the seller, hopefully they'll exchange it.

If I go to best buy to get one of these how do I know if I'm getting the rev B GPS?

It REALLY doesn't matter. Honestly, they pretty much perform the same. But if you have to have a Rev B, the most reliable bet is to look at the SN sticker on the bottom and if there are two circular symbols in the middle it is most likely a Rev B. There is a picture on here somewhere, you'll have to do a search to find it.

Jumped on this last month; resisting the urge to jump on it again. : ) Zero to three drones in two months - how does this happen? ; )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc